Game on

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
6:20 am, Wednesday August 29, just cracking light. Set up to glass this buck's home range. If we can find him today, we are that much further ahead for opening day tomorrow.

God bless us, everyone!

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
7:13, I saw him, or another great buck, already. Crested ridge walking away. Moving now to get around where I can see. Another good buck in the group of 6 too.

Yee Haw!!! As soon as I get the kids off to school I'll pack a few final items and be headed out.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
they either laid down in some maples, or got over the ridge can'tsee anything now

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
i still shaking can't believe i found him that fast This is a good sign

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
at least 30 Other one was a 180 class buck but dindt get to look long, found them now heding into the heavy maples still early though

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
trevor glad you're on, wish you were here., just glassing now, i see some bucks in and out of cover about 1 mile, hard to see.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
thnks 7mag. Us too.

I haven't seen any bucks in about an hour now so they are laying down really early in this heat. This country is deceiving, it looks wide open but when you get to glassing it there is quite a bit of high brush and thick maple pockets in the draws. Because I had to meove, I lost sigt if the ridge they were on for about 10 minutes so they either made it around to back of the hill whre i wont see them from here or they bedded in the pockets. I took some video realy fast in the spot scope as teh buck cresed the ridge but cant tell in playback if I can see him. he may not even be the same buck as he seemed different in that his antlers laid flatter against his head and didn't turn in at top like the buck I photgraphed and seemed wider. Hrd to say as I really only got about 5 seconds on him and he was alking away.
I still cant believe this happened! I left Idaho falls at 4 am and drove straight through to the buck's country. Glassed about 15 minuts as I saw deer in the halfllight right away but too dark to tell. finally could see they were small bucks so I moved ab out half mile and first ridge i glassed the big buck was on. Cindy on her way now so i got to go meet her, maybe glass this agian mid morning or so

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

this is ridge i spotted the bucks on. I took the pic while one was still visible in those maples, but with this tiny screen, i can't tell if he showed up. buckse were headed up right diagonle.

attachment.php

this is pic of mountian they are on. I first saw them high left under that highest round knob then lost sight of them as they got to that last little pocket on right. this isnot the angle i glassed from, if it was i coldv'e kept track better. Did see some other bucks below that pocket in the heavy stuff and could've been where the biiggest two went. there is a spring far left of pic so might be looking at water to bed route
done glassing, been 3 hours

BigSurArcher

Banned
This is gonna be sweet! You guys are spoiling us. The Snyder/Gutman hunt ends, and this one gets rolling right away. Nice scheduling.