Game saver food saver bag seal

So I have a game saver food saver. I sealed up some jerky I made.

I noticed that on the jerky sticks not the strips that’s after 30 min or so they lost vacuum. Why would this be? Is it possible the sticks are putting tiny holes in the bags? Used the same bags for both. Regular pre cut food saver bags

the strips seemed to do ok and hold vacuum no issue

strips pictured

Attachments

• 64C2129E-DD92-424D-863D-9D0362E4C71F.jpeg
    64C2129E-DD92-424D-863D-9D0362E4C71F.jpeg
    491.4 KB · Views: 19

Tmac

WKR
Possible, sure. When I used a similar style sealer and had that issue, I’d cut the top off the bag, leaving the jerky fully covered by the old bag, place in a longer new bag and seal. Almost always stayed sealed then.

I have a food saver and occasionally have food poke the bags. Can happen right away or after a while due to moving Around in my freezer. I think the food saver bags are just pretty cheap. Not sure if there is a source for thicker bags or if you have to upgrade the device too.

I have been thinking about combo wraps. Maybe plastic wrap then vacuum or vacuum and then an outer layer of but her paper.

Erict

WKR
I occassionally have an issue when there is water, sauce, etc. on the inside of the bag where the two layers will be sealed. It prevents the plastic from sticking to itself. It is, however, immediately obvious that the vaccuum did not work so I just clean it and reseal.

GrayGoose

Lil-Rokslider
I've had pretty decent luck using the heavy duty food saver bags. They don't seem to loose their seal when being shuffled around in the freezer.
I find it hard to believe that jerky or sticks would be able to put pin holes in a bag but it could be possible I guess.