Game Violation Reciprocity between CO and WY

Just realized one of my WY group applicants received a 20 pt violation for trespassing last year in CO. The Conservation Officer warned him his CO application status may be in jeopardy at 20 points. Is there such thing as reciprocity on game violations between CO and WY or any other states?

OP
timberland
SO the next question is whether 20 points is enough to lose hunting privilege's in CO. does anybody have any experience or input?

cnelk

WKR
Everyone has 20 points. Violations will reduce that amount accordingly.

Your buddy has 0 points. It would be best to call the CPW and ask about the specifics

OP
timberland
Curious to know as well so following along. On a side note, were there any boulders surrounding his truck by chance?
Nope, bailed off on the wrong side of the road, didn't know where they were at. One guy got 35 pts with another violation and my friend got 20.
Everyone has 20 points. Violations will reduce that amount accordingly.

Your buddy has 0 points. It would be best to call the CPW and ask about the specifics
This is what I found:
(1) The commission, or a hearing officer who has been delegated authority by the commission, has the exclusive authority to suspend the privilege of applying for, purchasing, or exercising the benefits conferred by any or all licenses issued by the division for a period not to exceed five years, except as otherwise provided in articles 1 to 6 of this title, if a person:

(a) Has been convicted of violations of articles 1 to 6 of this title totaling twenty or more points in any consecutive five-year period;

So, everyone starts with 20 pts and a violation is worth "x" points that you forfeit?

How do you earn points? like I posted above, one guy was "assessed" 35 pts (or fined 35 points)

cnelk

WKR
Some game violations are 2 points, some 4 points, etc. depending on the severity of violation.

I bet his violation stated how long he is in ‘time out’

35 points I bet is 5-10 years.

If his case isn't settled yet maybe its' not decided? Sounds like he may want to make a call to the local authorities where it happened. If it's still pending I wouldn't think it's a great idea to go hunt.

Nope, bailed off on the wrong side of the road, didn't know where they were at. One guy got 35 pts with another violation and my friend got 20.

This is what I found:
(1) The commission, or a hearing officer who has been delegated authority by the commission, has the exclusive authority to suspend the privilege of applying for, purchasing, or exercising the benefits conferred by any or all licenses issued by the division for a period not to exceed five years, except as otherwise provided in articles 1 to 6 of this title, if a person:

(a) Has been convicted of violations of articles 1 to 6 of this title totaling twenty or more points in any consecutive five-year period;

So, everyone starts with 20 pts and a violation is worth "x" points that you forfeit?

How do you earn points? like I posted above, one guy was "assessed" 35 pts (or fined 35 points)

That seems excessive for just going off the wrong side of the road, you sure they weren't killing animals on the private?

Link in article to 20, 15, 10 suspension points.

Last edited: