Game Warden shortage nationwide

netman

WKR
You know what the number one response GW say on the radio when dispatched to a fish and game violation?
Dispatch have a Deputy to take care of that.

You know what the number one response GW say on the radio when dispatched to a fish and game violation?
Dispatch have a Deputy to take care of that.
I call bull on that. Every single time I have called for a Warden, a Warden responded and met me.

otolith

FNG
I worked for Cal Fish and Game, now Fish and Wildlife, and regularly talked with the Wardens. They loved the job but the pay sucked. Though all the positions were full at that time the state needed to double the number of wardens. Like most states, the departments that deal with the environment and wildlife management will only get a small sliver of the budget pie. The sad thing is that Calif. made a ton of money from both recreational and commercial hunting and fishing.

Kcole1987

FNG
Would be awesome to be a game warden. Unfortunately I couldn't work In the area I live and would have to relocate..only thing holding me back. I know all the locals who love to break the rules. Would be some low hanging fruit. 😀

otolith

FNG
Unfortunately rule breakers are everywhere. We'd sit at a launch ramp and they came to us. Met many very nice people but you could tell the ones that had done something wrong as soon as they see you walking up. For some it was just an honest mistake but sadly most knew they broke the law.