Gander Mountain Liquidation Sale

NYSKIER

WKR
If anyone has a gander mountain near by the announced a full liquidation of all merchandise at all of their stores this week so there may be some pretty good deals out there on some odds and ends that people are looking for. Not sure what the discount will be on firearms but I hope it's good

There is one here in Mesquite TX--- they are advertising 10-40% off but in reality everything is mostly 10%.... which barely brings their prices into the competitive level with other box stores. It was disappointing to say the least.

OH YEA---- NO FIREARMS or AMMO on sale.... Apparently this could vary store to store.

bowhnt

Lil-Rokslider
I keep getting told no discount on guns. Everything is 10-30 percent right now at the store near me. No good deals to be had yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep getting told no discount on guns. Everything is 10-30 percent right now at the store near me. No good deals to be had yet.

True, firearms still above other stores prices. Not much in the way of any deals at the one by my work. Not worth stopping but had to try.

NDGuy

WKR
Gander Mtn is dog sh$#.

Even when liquidating they artificially post sales.

Watch when firearms go on "sale"

"Come get your Savage Axis rifles! Normal Price 599.99 Sale Price 549.99"

StrutNut

Lil-Rokslider
MSRP is Manufactured Suggested Retail Price. Reduced to??? No wonder they are going out of business. Wholesale price is more inline with where you would be getting a deal. With the buying power they had and promotions they received they are likely still making good money on firearms if they sold them at wholesale. I am sure the investors that bought the inventory paid far less for it than Wholesale.

Thumper

FNG
I went to a sporting store liquidation sale once. There was a tent for 99.00 and said 20% off. We walked around the store a bit and came back for the tent, the worker had marked it up to 130.00 with 30% off. We just left.!

topher89

WKR
I remember when Sports Authority near us closed. Walking into the store it looked like post-Katrina New Orleans. Boxes everywhere, piles of clothing and stuff strewn everywhere. Started looking and everything was a huge.... 10% off. One look on my phone showed me I could buy the same crap online for half the price.

Store Liquidation stores are a rip off....

Don K

Lil-Rokslider
I went to the local store that they keep sending me emails on that they are liquidating.

Boating stuff had some good discounts, everything else was 10 percent. People where packed in there and grabbing stuff off the shelves like crazy and it wasn't even that big of a discount.

I think I'm gonna open a new store, and call it " Going of of Business " That way people will pile in and buy my stuff!!

Gander Mountain was bought out of bankruptcy by Camping World. The inventory was bought by a separate liquidation company before the acquisition. I doubt the sales will be any good. I think the stores get turned over on the 15th, so maybe that day. Marcus Lemonis from The Profit on CNBC is the CEO of Camping World and he has been posting updates on Twitter. He recently said they will be taking on a buy low, sell low strategy, so that will be interesting to watch. They will be changing the name to Gander Outdoors.

Grumman

WKR
Gander Mountain was bought out of bankruptcy by Camping World. The inventory was bought by a separate liquidation company before the acquisition. I doubt the sales will be any good. I think the stores get turned over on the 15th, so maybe that day. Marcus Lemonis from The Profit on CNBC is the CEO of Camping World and he has been posting updates on Twitter. He recently said they will be taking on a buy low, sell low strategy, so that will be interesting to watch. They will be changing the name to Gander Outdoors.

Hopefully Lemonis gets the pricing better at Gander than Camping World. I find them extremely high on anything I've needed.