Garmin 64ST

Bucky

Lil-Rokslider
Fellas, just received a great Christmas gift the garmin 64ST GPS, just in time for the 2019 CO elk hunt. Any preferences on what Colorado chip to buy for this gps? OnX, Garmin etc?
Thanks.

CTR

Lil-Rokslider
I use OnX and it works well, but haven't used the Garmin so couldn't tell you for sure. The 64ST is a good unit, love mine and Cabela's had them on sale from $349.99 down to $199.99 so I gave a couple of them as gifts and they loved them so you should be happy with the unit :cool:

OP
Bucky

Bucky

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds good thank you! Looking forward to using it, pretty sure i'm going with OnX.

Jimss

WKR
If you hunt along private land boundaries I would highly recommend OnXMaps. It shows fencelines, etc. A game warden wondered if I was on public/private. I handed him my gps that showed my path and waypoint where I shot my bull. He looked it up and I was on my way!

SW hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Diyhuntingmaps chips are fair. Not as good as an OnX but for their price its not terrible. Its another option.

WTDII

FNG
so the 64 st is a good unit for $199.00? Info on it please and opinion.

If you plan to use your GPS often just be sure to take several sets of spare batteries on every trip.

HunterJim

FNG
Following, I'm thinking about getting the 64st. The only negative that I'm reading that applies to me, is short battery life. Anyone have experience with this issue?