Garmin/ Burris sight or a single pin sight.

Anyone shoot a laser site. My local pro shop is pushing them hard. There legal hear and seem pretty nifty. Just like To see reviews from someone not selling them.
what I like is always having a range finder ready if they spook and jump 10 or was it 20 yds.
I also like the simplicity of a dot.
I got A real bad stigmatism with my eyes. I’ve tried all kinds of glasses and contacts but one thing I struggle with is I’m shooting a 5 pin and they get blurry at times and I blink blink blink till I clear them up. I’m really considering if I dont go with a laser site is go with a one pin and learn to shoot it.

if it matters it will be going on a Mathews vxr

Zac

WKR
They are definitely faster. I have really struggled to get a range on multiple occasions. I do not think that the Garmin has a 3rd axis so you may want to ask your shop that. You may need a clarifier if your pins are blurring. The electronic sight isn't a fix for a vision problem. Single pins are always superior at the shot yet they compound the ranging and dialing speed problem even more. The electronic sights seem to be a fix for multiple issues. You get a consistent anchor regardless of the range. You get the versatality of a multiple pin sight with the accuracy of a single pin on moving targets. Only thing i would be cautious about is the 3rd axis issue. Haven't been able to find that anywhere.

OP
S
First off thank you. One comment and one question.
comment first.
My pins are blurry. So to be specific some times I focus in on the target then when I anchor in tight my 5 pin looks like one. When I get my pins clear I’m cross eyed And target is blurry. This is not every time and I shoot Every day year a round if this happened each shot I’d quit. Its also not as bad as I make it sound and what mean is I can still shoot through just takes a few extra secs that sometimes you don’t have but over all It does annoy me. Unfortunately it’s getting worse as I get older but I’ll deal with it.

question
explain 3rd axis. Please

I have no experience with them recently, however the first Garmin was really slow to return a range. Not a big deal when shooting 40 yards, however something runs in and I just need a dot that's accurate to 5" at 20 yards made me nervous.

wesfromky

WKR
Look into adding a verifer to your peep - it might help clear your pins up. Also, maybe a double pin sight might be worth looking into.

Reactions: Zac
OP
S
Look into adding a verifer to your peep - it might help clear your pins up. Also, maybe a double pin sight might be worth looking into.

So i had no idea about a verifer. I put one in yesterday and 100% fixed everything
I put a one pin o the bow which was worse cuss i couldn’t see the pin. I then put the verifer in and boom it was like night and day difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe Holden

Lil-Rokslider
Friend of mine worked for Garmin and had one of those sights. Mid-November, we threw our bows in the backseat of the truck to chase mule deer 5 hours away from where we live. Finally spot a buck, he grabs his bow, clicks a button, and his jaw hits his chest...."My sight is dead. Do you have any AAA's around?" So then we had to spend the next 10 minutes unscrewing tiny screws that hold the batteries in, without loosing them, and replacing batteries.

It also did not work well through fog.

He didn't carry a rangefinder because "it was built into his sight". So he didn't know how far away the deer i ended up shooting was since it only gives you a pin for the furthest distance you practice (this part is nice). He had shot to 70, i killed that buck at 90 with my low tech Spot Hogg :)

3rd axis: I haven't had my 4th cup of coffee yet today so I'll refer you to youtube. But essentially, you have an up/down axis, a left/right axis, and a diagonal axis. The diagonal axis is 3rd and if it's not set correctly, will cause your arrow to hit elsewhere than behind your pin on downhill, uphill, and across hill shots. Hopefully someone can weigh in if this isn't correct.

It's the angle of your sight on the bracket that angles it to or away from the riser. So if it is sitting level, you are level. If it is angled outward and you lean down to shoot, it throws your bubble right and vice versa. This makes an impact when you are shooting at angles and is compounded with distance.

Attachments

• Axis_Blog.jpg
    Axis_Blog.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 15

Zac

WKR
Friend of mine worked for Garmin and had one of those sights. Mid-November, we threw our bows in the backseat of the truck to chase mule deer 5 hours away from where we live. Finally spot a buck, he grabs his bow, clicks a button, and his jaw hits his chest...."My sight is dead. Do you have any AAA's around?" So then we had to spend the next 10 minutes unscrewing tiny screws that hold the batteries in, without loosing them, and replacing batteries.

It also did not work well through fog.

He didn't carry a rangefinder because "it was built into his sight". So he didn't know how far away the deer i ended up shooting was since it only gives you a pin for the furthest distance you practice (this part is nice). He had shot to 70, i killed that buck at 90 with my low tech Spot Hogg :)

3rd axis: I haven't had my 4th cup of coffee yet today so I'll refer you to youtube. But essentially, you have an up/down axis, a left/right axis, and a diagonal axis. The diagonal axis is 3rd and if it's not set correctly, will cause your arrow to hit elsewhere than behind your pin on downhill, uphill, and across hill shots. Hopefully someone can weigh in if this isn't correct.
So the Garmin has a 3rd axis? Haven't been able to find that info anywhere. 90 yards is incredible shot man.

Joe Holden

Lil-Rokslider
So the Garmin has a 3rd axis? Haven't been able to find that info anywhere. 90 yards is incredible shot man.
Could not remember if the sight had 3rd axis or not. OP was asking just in general what it was.

Thank you! It was a poke, but conditions felt right. Deer in my icon was 88 same year with the same arrow & broadhead.

Reactions: Zac

Zac

WKR
Could not remember if the sight had 3rd axis or not. OP was asking just in general what it was.

Thank you! It was a poke, but conditions felt right. Deer in my icon was 88 same year with the same arrow & broadhead.
What's your setup if you don't mind me asking?