Garmin Fenix 3 opinions

Luked

WKR
looking to get something more in a watch than the Casio Pro Trek I have. have looked at the Sunto and some Garmin units.
I can get a pretty good deal on the Fenix 3 from Garmin from a friend of mine who is a dealer. I had a Samsung Smart watch not long ago but wasn't really all that impressed with it for use in the outdoors. but the fenix looks to be a good fit but was curious if any of you all had some real world type info on one in the field for outdoor use. how accurate are the features like the GPS, Altimiter and so on.

Over all I like it and has been a very durable watch. It has been great for recording my workouts with a chest strap sycn'd to it. The GPS seems accurate enough for a watch but i haven't used it for navigation. The altimeter sucks big time. The one day at home it read 25,000ft even though I have calibrated it several times! Maybe it would be better if I left the GPS on but that really sucks the battery.

I have the 5x. Nav is pretty good, good workout watch. It will get you back to the truck if needed. I agree, the altimeter is not the best. It was a couple of thousand feet off of my oregon. Battery life in mine is great. I have never been below 25%. Usually get 4 to 5 workouts and 10ish days out of it before charging.