Garmin Fenix 5X Sapphire vs. Fenix 6's

Looking at both of these watches and all of the features listed on Garmins site is mind numbing.

I currently have a Fitbit that is starting to glitch. I want a watch for my workouts and like the idea of having a GPS with maps for hunting and both the 5x and 6 do.

Is there a big enough difference between the two to pay hundreds more for the 6? What are the pros and cons of these?

Thanks in advance!

bsnedeker

WKR
I have had a 5x for a few years and love it. The 6x looks awesome and that solar charging would be really nice. I am not considering an upgrade at this time due to the price. Once I start seeing deals on the 6x I might consider it, perhaps a refurbished one.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Music on the 6 is the big thing, and a couple of other metrics. Solar versions don't have the sapphire glass faces which are nearly indestructible.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
F
Music on the 6 is the big thing, and a couple of other metrics. Solar versions don't have the sapphire glass faces which are nearly indestructible.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks. This is good info. I could care less about music on the watch and I could take or leave the solar features.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solar technology currently isn’t worth investing in a watch. The not too distant future, absolutely, but it’s not quite fast enough yet to offer true benefits IMO. The recharge time is still to long really to warrant its purchase. I would much rather have the sapphire glass. IMO the 6 is worth getting over the 5 however. The standard Battery life between the two really doesn’t differ (only a day longer on the 6) however the 6 has a battery saver mode that can push the watch 80 days before charging. Also the GPS battery modes is nearly doubled on the 6. Beyond that its very small changes that may not add up enough to convince someone to spend the extra money (the 6 has a thinner watch face, larger screen size even though the watch face width is the same as the 5. Music availability as mentioned before on the 6, some adding monitoring features as well (see Garmin home page to compare the two)). Totally depends on your intended use and your cash flow. I have the 5 and absolutely love it. Best watch I have ever owned. I lust after the 6 but for now am fine with the 5.

Blend120

FNG
I have the 5 Sapphire. I love it. It’s exactly what I wanted in a sport tracking, semi smart watch. I’ve had it probably over 3 years or so. With the app not a day goes by I don’t track my weight, hydration sometimes, check on other stats.