Garmin GPS 64S/T models

I’ll admit I’m not the most tech savvy hence, my reasoning for asking why is the vast majority of Garmin GPS units being sold the 64s or 64st models vs. other units? I’m not just talking here on Rok but FB buy & sell hunting pages, EBay, Hunt Talk, and several other different hunting related forums.

Ive been considering buying a Garmin as a backup and again, the most common model I see being sold is the 64s or 64st. Am I missing something???

NDGuy

WKR
They are on clearance I am sure for something to replace them. They are bulletproof as long as you don't care about a fancy touchscreen/graphics.

MNhunter

FNG
I've got a 64s and it works awesome. It's not a super complex GPS but it certainly has plenty of the basics. I've had mine for probably 6 years now and I'm happy with it. I have thought about getting one of the newer Garmins with two way radio built in but than I would need to know someone else with one to communicate back and forth with.

OP
Tips n Tails
How’s the battery life in the 64s? Also is there a yearly subscription required or is that only for the birds eye view satellite imaginary?

I get 2-3 days out of a set of batteries if I keep it on most if the hunting day. Yearly subscription is only for the birdseye. But the resolution isnt too great. I much prefer using imagery on my phone. All that being said, I love my 64.

One thing I've found out about mine is that the compass on it is magnetic instead of going strictly off of satellites. ODV or Marsupial gear bino harnesses don't play well with it.