Garmin GPSMAP 66i

mtbshark

WKR
I am having similar problems with mine. I get the thinking wheel then it power cycles itself

I talked to Garmin and they know some are experiencing this issue and told me they are working on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
G

gjviii

Lil-Rokslider
i was hoping to downgrade the firmware so i could still use it. i think i'll see if i can download the birdseye maps to a pc and then transfer over. this is my first gps, so i'm still new to this

kbaerg

Lil-Rokslider
I just recieved one of these units today, I am still awaiting for the system to finish it's upgrades although I don't think i will be using the birds eye i just am hoping the features I need work (OnX and communication). The update is telling me 8 hours and 45 minutes. ⏳⏳

OP
G

gjviii

Lil-Rokslider
Garmin released an update a few days ago and birds eye works again. It was bad timing as i was on a trip to scout and test the device... I had no issues with communications but i havent tried the OnX.

kbaerg

Lil-Rokslider
I got mine up and running but did run into something maybe worth noting. I had to purchase a new onX chip, for some reason my old chip didn't work. I called onX and told them my issue and they confirmed the same results.

mtbshark

WKR
Any one bummed that there is no weather support for the 66i At this time??

Was very unhappy this September, wheni found this out while in the woods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk