Garmin in-reach gen 1 vs gen 2

Anybody have experience with both versions on the Garmin in-reach? I’ve been seeing the gen 1 versions for much cheaper then before the gen 2 release . Is it worth paying the extra price for new features ? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you asking about the Mini?
I sold my mini to pick up the mini 2 but haven't yet.
My understanding is the feature upgrades are pretty much nil

Battery life was the big draw to me supposed to have 3x more.
I supposed the tie breaker for you is how long of trips do you normally do and are you planning on leaving it on to use the tracking etc?

I never left mine on because I was worried about Battery life, but it really bothered me it would take 30-45 min to get linked up and send the 1st message.

I have some longer trips, and am planning on leaving it on a little more so its ready to send messages when I want.

You could check into the zoleo if budget is your concern. I understand it has much faster messaging.
Pretty sure the zoleo is a deal breaker for me because you're phone has to be operational to send a message and I like the fact you can send a message on the in reach without your phone.

I've had alot of issues with water in the charging port of my phone putting the screws to me the last couple years.

OP
Buckshot51
Are you asking about the Mini?
I sold my mini to pick up the mini 2 but haven't yet.
My understanding is the feature upgrades are pretty much nil

Battery life was the big draw to me supposed to have 3x more.
I supposed the tie breaker for you is how long of trips do you normally do and are you planning on leaving it on to use the tracking etc?

I never left mine on because I was worried about Battery life, but it really bothered me it would take 30-45 min to get linked up and send the 1st message.

I have some longer trips, and am planning on leaving it on a little more so its ready to send messages when I want.

You could check into the zoleo if budget is your concern. I understand it has much faster messaging.
Pretty sure the zoleo is a deal breaker for me because you're phone has to be operational to send a message and I like the fact you can send a message on the in reach without your phone.

I've had alot of issues with water in the charging port of my phone putting the screws to me the last couple years.

Yes I was talking about the mini. Thank you for your detailed response !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk