Garmin Inreach Explorer

Buckshotaz

Lil-Rokslider
I recently purchased a Garmin Inreach Explorer for my 2021 Alaska moose hunt. I want to get some experience with this thing before the hunt and have had some success getting the box open, and I have set up an account.

I have tried to watch many youtube videos on how to use it, but I am 60 + years old, and everything I have found is way over my head by minute 3 of each video.

Is there anything out there that can help flatten the learning curve on this thing?

syoungs

FNG
Do you have an rei or other related store around you? Im sure they could walk you through it.
I found that after mine was initially setup with contacts and pre set messages, it got pretty easy to use.

OP
B

Buckshotaz

Lil-Rokslider
Do you have an rei or other related store around you? Im sure they could walk you through it.
I found that after mine was initially setup with contacts and pre set messages, it got pretty easy to use.
No stores like that around, but that is where I'm at, putting in contacts and pre-set messages

syoungs

FNG
Where are you located? Maybe someone is close to you that can help. Id offer to help, but i dont think i could explain it and hehelpful without being in person

OP
B

Buckshotaz

Lil-Rokslider
Where are you located? Maybe someone is close to you that can help. Id offer to help, but i dont think i could explain it and hehelpful without being in person
I'm located in rural eastern Arizona. Come on over, I'll pick up some beer.

syoungs

FNG
Maybe a call to your countys search and rescue? They may be able to help with setup and showing you how to operate.
Alot of our local atv clubs are using these devices too, maybe theres a local club outside of hunting that you could get ahold of?

OP
B

Buckshotaz

Lil-Rokslider
Maybe a call to your countys search and rescue? They may be able to help with setup and showing you how to operate.
Alot of our local atv clubs are using these devices too, maybe theres a local club outside of hunting that you could get ahold of?
Good idea, I do know some guys in search and rescue