Garmin inReach mini for $250 at REI

Starts 11/13

19dab45bb51b8e3e984a037f33dd5571.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GotDraw?

WKR
That is a FANTASTIC deal!

Hmmm... must mean that Garmin is coming out with something new and slick in the near future that might put the Mini into retirement.

JL

That is a FANTASTIC deal!

Hmmm... must mean that Garmin is coming out with something new and slick in the near future that might put the Mini into retirement.

JL
Good point. Tempting to buy and see given REIs return policy. Though that policy might be different on electronics. Need to check it out.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

GotDraw?

WKR
I would not expect Garmin to come out with an upgraded model in the near term. This process may take many months, if that is indeed what they're planning to do. If it is, then they will take many months to set the stage so their retailers can sell off all inventory on hand as much as possible before releasing the replacement.

If you buy the inReach in on sale in November with the intent to return if something new comes out, then I hope you're not THAT GUY that busy something, uses it for a while and then takes it back to "trade up". If you plan to leave it unopened and then return it, that's a reasonable path to hedge your cost. Pay low price now, hold onto the new device for a while. If a new one is announced, return unused one.

REI's Policy is still generous. That said, the spirit of that return policy is not for you to buy and then return one because a newer model came out.

If you plan to buy the InReach, use it and bring it back cause a new model came out... well, there's a reason that REI's lifetime return policy is was terminated by REI and the new return policy is not as generous as it used to be, folks that pulled that kind return shenanigans for years finally cost REI and its more courteous members too much money in lost profit.

No matter what, the InReach is a fantastic tool right now. You will not be disappointed.

JL

OP
westonadkins
This sale is live and looks like it's also at this price point at Cabelas and Scheels.

Or.hunter

WKR
Just picked one up! Could have used it this year with the fires here in Oregon. The wife was trying to reach me for a few days.

alyuaz

WKR
......or you can get one from S&S Archery for $225/shipped with code Rokslide and supportt the forum at the same time.

Tenstrike

Lil-Rokslider
Great tip on S and S, I just pulled the trigger with the Rokslide discount, thanks.!

Unless you work for Garmin, I don’t think you will find a better deal than this. I know a guy that works for Garmin, and with his discount it’s $200 for the mini.