Garmin inReach Question

Remps17

Lil-Rokslider
I just picked up an inReach. I don't need it until scouting during the spring months. I saw there is a yearly fee associated with the plans. Do you know if the free is based on the calendar year or does the year start when you activate your account?

No sense in paying a yearly fee for less then a month

Cheers

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
There is a monthly fee for the subscription. You can go with an annual plan or select their "Freedom" plan where you pay a bit more per month, but you are able to turn it off for the months you don't need the service. Either plan starts when you activate the device, so you can wait until you need to use it to activate it. I would activate it a week before you plan to head out in case you have any issues.

OP
R

Remps17

Lil-Rokslider
There is also a yearly fee attached to all plans. I am selecting the freedom plan but I don't want to get dinged twice in less than a month for the yearly fee

The yearly fee is charged on the anniversary of activation date, regardless of when during the year that date falls. If you activate now, you won't be charged the yearly fee again until December 2020.

OP
R

Remps17

Lil-Rokslider
The yearly fee is charged on the anniversary of activation date, regardless of when during the year that date falls. If you activate now, you won't be charged the yearly fee again until December 2020.

Thanks Mighty Mouse