Garmin Inreach super slow

I've had a Delorme and now as of last year the new Mini.

When I go to send a simple text it can take several hours to send out. Even if I'm higher in elevation.
Kind of worries me if an SOS will take as long. Also when I check in with the misses it'd be nice for my good night message to get to here before morning.

I can hit send and check a couple hours later and it still hasn't sent.

I tried telling my buddy how to get to my spike camp last year and it was about impossible.

Planning on calling Garmin tomorrow, just wondering if this is a common problem.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

fmyth

WKR
I have a Garmin Inreach SE and recently sent a text message from the Stikine River near Wrangell AK to my daughter in Scottsdale AZ and received her reply in 30 minutes.

OP
TradLife406
I have a Garmin Inreach SE and recently sent a text message from the Stikine River near Wrangell AK to my daughter in Scottsdale AZ and received her reply in 30 minutes.
Honestly I think my older SE is a better unit. But I even remember my last trip last year with it even the SE was slow.

I'm just in Central MT. Nothing crazy.
I sent Aron Snyder a text last year and didn't see the reply until this week lol!

sasquatch

WKR
Idk about the mini but I have the inreach SE, There’s different settings for battery to last more or not. Some may constantly search for messages and there’s other that will only search for a message once per hour. Yours is on something like the latter it seams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amp713

WKR
I'd check your settings for sure, I had mine cranked up last year after I got my bull trying to make a plan for someone to pick me.up with a truck when I packed down off the mountain. it was almost like texting with a regular phone the replies were so steady and quick.

My Mini worked like a charm last fall but I did notice in May that it was much slower, but I assumed it was because I was camped on the north side of a steep ridge that was essentially blocking half the sky.

OP
TradLife406
Idk about the mini but I have the inreach SE, There’s different settings for battery to last more or not. Some may constantly search for messages and there’s other that will only search for a message once per hour. Yours is on something like the latter it seams

On hold with Garmin now.
I'll check that too! How's the battery last on the bigger unit? The size of the mini is kinda pointless when I need a separate Dark Energy just it. Then it takes half the juice to recharge it.

sasquatch

WKR
It last a good while. And depending on how you use it will last a LONGGGG time

Did you check to see if there is any service issues? You can subscribe to receive email updates of known issues. I have ran into issues similar to you and it was an issue with the "back office", not the unit.

I do not have the mini, but I leave the SE set on Continuous and it seems to work great, quick replies and haven't noticed any unreasonable delays. When not in use, it's off. Battery on the Yellow SE is incredible if you keep the brightness down and turn off when not in use. I can get more than a week off one charge without much issue.