Garmin Instinct GPS watch

kickemall

WKR
Jordan how do you figure this stuff out? Online, manuals, Garmin help? I had an original Fenix and didn't have any problem using it but man I'm sure having trouble using my Instinct. I'm talking basic stuff like just getting to the gps and staying on my main screen after going to something else.

Backyard

WKR
Jordan how do you figure this stuff out? Online, manuals, Garmin help? I had an original Fenix and didn't have any problem using it but man I'm sure having trouble using my Instinct. I'm talking basic stuff like just getting to the gps and staying on my main screen after going to something else.
If it helps, these guy's videos really helped me learn to navigate through the entire watch plus more.

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member

Mainly just playing with the watch. On mine you just hit the GPS button, select your activity and then you can scroll through the activity pages. If I looked anywhere else for info other than the manual I hopped on youtube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the A1 and the manual says that the laser locate feature is only available on the A1i models.
20f5e3e8b38f90b20fd6b59088e039e7.jpg

Are there additional features if you connect the instinct to the Xero A1?

Got one of these a few days ago...2nd charge it git stuck in diagnostics mode..called tech support...they dont know how it got into that mode couldn't get it out sending me a new watch...lasted all of 3 days...maybe the new one will work better but not happy. Leaving for backpacking/trout fishing trip tomorrow...smh

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Got one of these a few days ago...2nd charge it git stuck in diagnostics mode..called tech support...they dont know how it got into that mode couldn't get it out sending me a new watch...lasted all of 3 days...maybe the new one will work better but not happy. Leaving for backpacking/trout fishing trip tomorrow...smh

Wow I’m sorry to hear that. I’m betting it was just a bad egg.. but still that sucks.

CS was great they are overnighting me a new one. Leaving after work tomorrow for Cranberry Glades WV for the rest of the week to get lost and catch some trout. Anybody can have a bad egg but how its handled is the what separates OK from great, IMO. BTY watch is great for what I need it for!

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
Does the GPS feature tie in with the sunrise/sunset times?

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Does the GPS feature tie in with the sunrise/sunset times?

Yes. From my experience it pulls off of your location. If your GPS isn’t active then it pulls off of your phone. Which will be the nearest cell tower. But when I haven’t had cell service and I update the GPS location it gives me a sunrise/sunset time

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks! Next question - does this show UTM coordinates? I didn't see it in the manual.

Yes you can set it to UTM. Check the final review I did on the rockslide website. Tells how to do it.