Garmin Instinct Watch (LOVE IT)

Just got back from a 10 day elk hunt in Colorado and just wanted to say these watches are awesome especially for the price. I used it as my primary GPS and it was money. If you’re thinking about getting one I don’t think you’ll be disappointed!

Bdjones

Lil-Rokslider
Agree, I love mine. It lasted 5 days off gps use in the mountains. For people who are looking check the app mercari out I got mine for 80$.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

If you have not you should look up the battery saving hacks. I dont use mine for GPS much but I like the watch. It is simple and has the features most people would need.

Getting one for $80 is insane.

I think the battery is so good solar is kinda useless. I can do a 7-10 day hunt easy with it. I use the GPS for dropping a pack, kill, or marking the truck and camp. I only fire it up if at night and need a quick bearing. I have ran mine for two years with zero issues. I rarely take it off.

Tennessee

FNG
I have been very happy with mine and like guys above, the battery lasts a long time. If it needs recharged I just use an Anker and the cable.

I think it will sync up with the inReach but I haven't figured it out yet.

Bdjones

Lil-Rokslider
If you have not you should look up the battery saving hacks. I dont use mine for GPS much but I like the watch. It is simple and has the features most people would need.

Getting one for $80 is insane.
On that mercari app it's all guaranteed protection for the buyer and seller. I see Garmin typical sell for 150$

So what’s Mercaris game?
How and why can they sell that cheap? Refurbished, knock offs?
Surprised the manufacturers allow it.

Bdjones

Lil-Rokslider
Most items are used items. I've snagged some killer deals on new and used kuiu,sitka and kryptek. It's basically like a offer/priced to sell gig.

I've sold quite a bit of stuff on there too.

So once you buy and the package is delivered via mercari tracks the number. You have 3 days to test the products and respond to verify the purchase. If you don't respond mercari will close the sale and complete the payment.

If you sell an item it's the same way. You ship it and input the tracking number into mercari. It verify the delivery and the purchaser has the 3 days to accept the product.

sb7000

FNG
Just got back from a 10 day elk hunt in Colorado and just wanted to say these watches are awesome especially for the price. I used it as my primary GPS and it was money. If you’re thinking about getting one I don’t think you’ll be disappointed!
Thanks! Been looking at the watches for a little while now and haven't been able to decide which is best.

Mkabrich

FNG
What is the charge time usually after being fully run down? Sounds like a great watch! I didn’t know they had solar now. That’s the only reason I haven’t switched to a high tech watch. I never take my solar Rangeman G-shock off now.

Southernhunters

Lil-Rokslider
Charge time is minimal, I’d say 4-6hrs from dead to full. I can usually get 6ish days out of mine without GPS use other than 20-30min runs 3 or so of the days. The watch is awesome! I bought mine before solar was available...I do wish I did have it though, I’d literally never take it off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tdhanses

WKR
I have been very happy with mine and like guys above, the battery lasts a long time. If it needs recharged I just use an Anker and the cable.

Only the inreach mini, is pretty nice to have it on your watch.

qwerksc

WKR
I love mine. Got it for the Dog tracking with the Alpha 100, easy. The watch itself is so light for its size, I want to upgrade to a Fenix series, but, the fact the Fenix weigh twice as much is the deal breaker.

JoshOR

Lil-Rokslider
+1. For the instinct. Very happy with mine. Had an older Garmin that was slow to sync , sometimes a pain. The instinct has no issues so far, seamless. Bunch of features for the price.

Highhuntin

Lil-Rokslider
Have had mine for a year no solar but really like it! Need to figure how to sync it up with the mini

muddydogs

WKR

The Instinct will sync with the Inreach Mini and 66i but it hammers the battery, full charge to one bar in 12 hours. Syncing it with the Inreach is really kind of useless anyway if you have your phone synced with the Inreach you will get notifications on your watch that you have a phone message. I have found that most external synced devices are hard on the Instinct batter like the Inreach or bike speed sensor, if using these things make sure you go into the watches menu and turn off the device when done or the watch continues to burn battery power searching for the device signal.

JBrew

Lil-Rokslider
What is the charge time usually after being fully run down? Sounds like a great watch! I didn’t know they had solar now. That’s the only reason I haven’t switched to a high tech watch. I never take my solar Rangeman G-shock off now.
Mine charges in 1 hour from dead to full battery