Garmin mini came today

I just used my Garmin InReach SE (yellow one) for 11 days in the Stone sheep country. I would turn it on several times a day to send texts and receive messages. After over 400 texts (incoming & outgoing....realize that many 160 character texts get broken up into 2, 3 or even 4 shorter texts for whatever reason) during that period I was at 50% battery life. I haven't used a mini but they have 1/2 the battery life rating (50 hrs vs 100 hrs with the larger unit). For me the mini would be great as I navigate with the phone and turn on the InReach to communicate). Many of my messages were sent out by texting on the InReach directly to save the iPhone battery. Slow but it works. Between my buddy and I we had one small charge stick for our iPhones and used the little charge pack up (it was 5 years old and I should replace it). I really like the InReach!

muddydogs

WKR
Wow, just didn't realize just how small the Mini was until I had it in my hand. Picked up a couple to test for work and now I want one.

I used mine over the weekend. Wife felt better knowing all was ok each morning and night. I found it often didn't sync with the phone as it relates to messages. Perhaps operator error.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

rbljack

WKR
I bought one about two weeks ago for an upcoming hunt. I have the mini. I bought it mainly as communications device, but I will mess around with it and post my experience with it after the trip. Hoping I can get a week out of the battery if used minimally to send messages and updates.