Garmin monterra

Cockeye

WKR
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Garmin monterra GPS

I have a slightly used monterra which is to techie for me. It has so many features I get lost in it. $375 shipped to lower 48

GPS Mapping Powerhouse with Android™
•4" dual orientation, sunlight-readable, durable mineral glass display with multi-touch interface
•Get Android apps on Google Play™
•8 megapixel autofocus camera and 1080p HD video with automatic geotagging, LED flash/torch
•High-sensitivity GPS/GLONASS receiver for better positioning
•3D MapMerge™ for multiple maps in 3-D

garmin.jpg

Powerful Battery, Beautiful Display

Monterra has a state-of-the-art dual battery system. You can use the rechargeable lithium-ion pack (included) or traditional AA batteries — the lithium-ion pack charges when device is connected to external power. Its 4" color multi-touch display uses external light and sunlight in combination with the LED backlight to increase screen brightness. Plus, you conserve power by not having to turn on the backlight.

Get Your Bearings

Monterra has a built-in 3-axis electronic compass with accelerometer and gyro, which shows where you're heading even when you’re standing still (or not holding it level). Once calibrated, its barometric altimeter tracks changes in pressure to pinpoint your precise altitude, and you even can use it to plot barometric pressure over time, which can help you keep an eye on changing weather conditions.

A built-in UV sensor lets you know your exposure level to sunlight so you can avoid sun damage, especially at higher elevations (5 percent increase in intensity every 1,000 ft of altitude) and on bright or reflective surfaces (snow, water, etc). And with its high-sensitivity, WAAS- and GLONASS-enabled GPS receiver, Monterra locates your position with more precision and maintains its GPS location even in heavy cover and deep canyons.

Share Wirelessly

With Wi-Fi, Bluetooth® and NFC, Monterra lets you share your data, maps, waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches up to 50 times faster with other wireless compatible devices. Plus, you can share photos and data from field work through BaseCamp™ or by downloading directly to your computer.

Attachments

• g2.jpg
    g2.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited: