Garmin Rino 750 Users: Freezing

Cml5895

FNG
I purchased a brand new Rino 750 about a month ago from Scheel's. It has continued to have issues where every 5th or 6th start up it would freeze with the Garmin logo and small lettering at the bottom. Nothing besides taking out the battery and reinstalling it can get the screen to change. When battery is removed, the screen glitches but keeps the same screen. Once battery is reinserted and power buttom is pressed, the device opens normally. I have a friend who has the same issue, just more commonly. I know for a fact that my device is up to date on updates. Has any one had this issue? It isn't a huge deal but I cannot imagine my way of fixing it is good for the device.

Thanks
Collin

So it’s a bit late but I have had the same issue as well as my buddy who owns a 750. Mine only did it when the hunt chip was in. After swapping out sd cards, sending Garmin my gps files, and the replacement of a 750 did they finally come to the conclusion that it is a problem with the 750s. Garmin sent me a 755 to replace my 750 free of charge and have had 0 issues. My friend is banging thru the customer service steps (same ones I mucked thru) and he will likely receive a 755 from them as well. All the updates and new hunt chips don’t fix the problem. I believe the processing unit in the 750s cannot handle the extra software once you put in a huntview. My advice, buy a 755 and never look back. Again, I have had 0 issues since receiving the 755. And to further that point, after having both, I enjoy taking pics of beds, wallows, and cool trees that I’ve found and the convenience of them marking the coordinates instantaneously.
Rokslide on!

Skythehunter

Lil-Rokslider
So it’s a bit late but I have had the same issue as well as my buddy who owns a 750. Mine only did it when the hunt chip was in. After swapping out sd cards, sending Garmin my gps files, and the replacement of a 750 did they finally come to the conclusion that it is a problem with the 750s. Garmin sent me a 755 to replace my 750 free of charge and have had 0 issues. My friend is banging thru the customer service steps (same ones I mucked thru) and he will likely receive a 755 from them as well. All the updates and new hunt chips don’t fix the problem. I believe the processing unit in the 750s cannot handle the extra software once you put in a huntview. My advice, buy a 755 and never look back. Again, I have had 0 issues since receiving the 755. And to further that point, after having both, I enjoy taking pics of beds, wallows, and cool trees that I’ve found and the convenience of them marking the coordinates instantaneously.
Rokslide on!
Did your friend get Garmin to replace his 750? I'm having similar issues, just got another brand new onX chip, and still freezing on startup 🙄

Did your friend get Garmin to replace his 750? I'm having similar issues, just got another brand new onX chip, and still freezing on startup 🙄
Yo,

they replaced his 750 and huntview chip with a new 750 and new Huntview chip. It has been working flawlessly since. We leave for elk on Friday… I’ll post an update afterwards with hopefully good news of a successful hunt.