Garmin watch experience

kpbrown31

FNG
Anyone using the Vivoactive 4? I was between it and the Forerunner 255 music, but I think I like the idea of having a touch screen, which the Forerunner 255 does not have. I live in KS, so didn't figure I would use a lot of the fancy elevation and running settings that the higher end models have, so I find it hard to drop $500 on something like the Forerunner 955. Any feedback or things to consider are appreciated as this is my first smart watch purchase. Thanks

txjustin

Lil-Rokslider
Just ordered the new Garmin enduro 2. Overkill for most and very expensive, but it was my bday present

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
K

kpbrown31

FNG
Not really what you're looking for... But I'll bump this and let you know that I love my Fenix 6.

I've never wished it was a touch screen, and have been glad it's not.
That's good to know. I just figured the touch screen would be handy when toggling back and forth through options on the watch, or playing music. I would for sure use it for music while running. Maybe the touch screen isn't as essential as I feel

TSAMP

WKR
I have the vivo 3. It gives me everything I need. I also have the music version but the next one won't have it. I just run without it now and it's kind of a pain to update Playlists anyway. I like that the watch face is a smaller size.
I have date/time. Sunrise/sunset. Elevation, HR monitor, moon phase and Step count all on the home screen. The find ur phone feature is great as well, I'd guess they all have that though.

That's good to know. I just figured the touch screen would be handy when toggling back and forth through options on the watch, or playing music. I would for sure use it for music while running. Maybe the touch screen isn't as essential as I feel
The buttons work pretty easily for me. Especially going through menus.

I occasionally skip a song with them, but not often. I do stream music/podcasts a lot. All day at work plus some.

Vrybusy

Lil-Rokslider
I hear good things about the Vivoactive, but have not used one myself. I've had the 935 for quite some time now...fantastic watch. Looking hard at the new Fenix 7.

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I moved from an Instinct to a Fenix 7 (Saphire Solar) earlier this year. The Fenix was a splurge for sure, but I love it. It is overkill for hunting, but I also use it for hiking, running, mountain biking, and more. Even then, I am not using everything it can do. The battery life is insane.

OP
K

kpbrown31

FNG
I would entertain one of the Fenix models, but I just don’t live in the area where I would get the maximum use out of what it has to offer, so it’s hard to spend that much money. Wanting to give one a try and prove to myself I’ll use it a bunch…then I could upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chaser_2332

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t have the model your asking about but my instinct has been my everyday wear watch for a while now. The one thing i like about it over other smart watches i have had is the fact is isn’t touch screen. Buttons work great and i never have to wonder if you fat fingered it. I have had other watches call people from being in the shower and the water hitting it jsut right.

tdhanses

WKR
I like my Instinct, can’t say anything bad about it, great battery life and mine was one of the first ones out.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Instinct (Solar) here as well. Pretty complete featured watch for a reasonable price.

I don't think I'd want a touch screen on a watch. Bump/touch the wrong thing and you could be in tracking mode or some other battery killer feature.

bradb

WKR
I have a 7s and really like it and tracking all the crap I am doing getting ready for stone sheep hunt. Of course not needed, but kind of fun and motivational. It does WAY more then I will ever use. I think the touch screen is nice and can be switched on or off in 3 pushes of face or buttons, depending on your wants or needs. Several ways to also set it, like mine turns off the touch during certain activities.

RAPTOR

WKR
I wore a Tactix Charlie for a number of years and now a Tactix Delta for a few years. Every day, hiking, hunting, golf, mtb riding, walking with the dog, workouts, etc. I wouldn’t want a touch screen and I’d buy another one in a heartbeat. Had one take a dump on me, called Garmin and they overnighted me a brand new one. It’s worth the $$ for sure. And I have full topo maps right on the watch with marked trails if I ever needed it.

JStol5

WKR
I think the Instinct (and Instinct solar) is one of the best watches for the money. I’ve had mine for two and a half years- it’s seen me through half marathon training, surfing, hunting, backpacking, swimming, and everyday wear. I’ll upgrade to a solar one eventually. It’s tough and I’ll echo that I like that it doesn’t have a touch screen.

Anyone using the Vivoactive 4? I was between it and the Forerunner 255 music, but I think I like the idea of having a touch screen, which the Forerunner 255 does not have. I live in KS, so didn't figure I would use a lot of the fancy elevation and running settings that the higher end models have, so I find it hard to drop $500 on something like the Forerunner 955. Any feedback or things to consider are appreciated as this is my first smart watch purchase. Thanks
I've owned two Garmin watches...I'll never own another. Both crapped out within a year. If you can do the same thing on your phone, just carry that and save some money.