Gas and inflation impacting your fall?

Laramie

WKR
Did you use an outfitter or was it a diy hunt?

I had made a DIY hunt trip there mid March. Was all free range still hunt/spot and stalk. Got up on a group but then got greedy trying to get the "biggest". Long story short. They moved behind a huge rock and never emerged out the other side. Evidently turned and walked straight away behind the enormous rock. (Lessons learned and will be better prepared next time! Fun time regardless was 35 yards from them and could have sealed the deal on several--just not the biggest one...) Hindsight!!
We went guided - had women and a kid so did it the easiest way possible so they had a good time.

it won't change a thing price of what something cost has absolutely no affect on what we do where we go or if we can afford it , its only money they print it every day and we can't take it with us when we are dead spend it while I'm above ground because i can't spend it after I'm dead

joel

FNG
Its irritating as he11 but the tranquility, beauty, challenge, self reflection and the fact I can not read or hear the latest news.........PRICELESS!

just finished running bear baits all spring every weekend since late April. No way any of this is slowing me down.

It changed my plans from a 2 week elk/deer hunt to a 2 week deer hunt half the distance. If I get my deer I'll drive to another otc area. About half the cost. As long as we can still get gas I'm going.

Another 700 miles picking up stuff. Just checked CC and looks like 1400 bucks on gas month of may and June running back and forth. Got a nice P&Y bear, so cherry on top. I have a couple out of state tags to go, just use the CC fill up and forget about it.

ERegs

FNG
gas pricing made me cancel my diy colorado elk hunt for setptember. Coming for PA. Going to Ohio for whitetail instead

BigBerm

FNG
It doesn't impact my trips. Getting the time for the trips is harder on me than the incremental additional costs of fuel, etc.

MTChurch

FNG
With 200 dollar barrels of oil now seeming inevitable and inflation only getting worse, I’m curious how this will impact western hunting or out of state hunting in general. I’m already not looking forward to the fuel costs this fall and I’m just a couple hours away from my units. Unfortunately, it looks like it’ll get worse before it gets better!

Does this change the number of NR applicants for 2022?
NRs don’t mind spending money to experience Western hunting. Will not affect it at all.