Gas Prices & DIY NR Hunters

cnelk

WKR
Gas Buddy has a Trip Calculator that is useful for planning long distance trips.

Enter vehicle make/model, trip location and it will populate fuel stops and cost.

RGARNER

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll be flying out this year, with the cost of fuel it’s about the same price to fly out, rent a truck, and ship a pallet of stuff out ahead of time.
Last year the 5k miles round trip cost us about $600 a head with fuel and tolls. Add in the fuel increase and we will be almost $1k a head, also flying gives me at a minimum a full extra hunting day.
Check the availability and price of rental cars before you buy your tickets assuming you would rent a car to get from the airport to where ever you are hunting. We had a hell of a time getting a rental last year and ended up paying 2k total for it. I even have a corporate membership with enterprise that usually is dirt cheap with unlimited mileage. The rep told us that they only received about 1/3 of the cars that they ordered last year and that was the reason for the extra cost and not giving us unlimited miles.

certainly going to hurt the wallet more then it did last year but we are still planning the 1600 mile trip. truck makes 23mpg highway but still adds a good amount of drain to the bank account

Yeah it’s gonna suck driving from Houston to McCall and back at the end of May

BUT high fuel prices will not stop me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk