Gasoline

Mossy

WKR
Dumb move and spilled some gas on a pair of hunting boots. Is there a way to get rid of the smell in 4 days or should I leave them behind?

what you think is "scentless" will not necessarily be for game ….. I'd not chance it myself

I'd say no. A buddy of mine spilled gas on a soft sided rifle case. After a hand wash and one trip to the dry cleaners, it still had a very faint odor. My guess is game would pick up on that quickly..
Bummer

Game will smell you as readily as gas and maybe not as spooked by the gas, more so by human smell. Wash them and the scent will wear off over time. Now if you're smelling the gas all the time, that could be annoying, more than your sweaty hunting buds. Maybe the match and toss them would be best.

OP
M

Mossy

WKR
I’ve done dawn, vinegar and scent killer. They’re on the boot dryer but not looking very promising. Guess they’ll be my backups

honlx005

FNG
Soap without a fragrance (Dial). After cleaning, leave them in a bag with a box of baking soda. But I would plan to have a backup pair.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Dumb move and spilled some gas on a pair of hunting boots. Is there a way to get rid of the smell in 4 days or should I leave them behind?
No real help to offer but go wolf hunting. I’ve heard they use flag lines soaked in gas to “pin wolves in” then close the net on them so to speak