Gear Check...

Jdog.... I passed on a sheep that could be the twin to the one over your right shoulder (left side of photo)... I was second guessing the decision at the time and couldn't get a good look to age him without having to spend the night on the hill. Needless to say, now I really am kicking myself!! At least it is early yet! Looks like we have a lot of the same gear, hard to find stuff that works for us plus sized guys! I am 6'5" and unfortunately quite a bit more than 240...

OP
Jdog

Jdog

WKR
Jdog.... I passed on a sheep that could be the twin to the one over your right shoulder (left side of photo)... I was second guessing the decision at the time and couldn't get a good look to age him without having to spend the night on the hill. Needless to say, now I really am kicking myself!! At least it is early yet! Looks like we have a lot of the same gear, hard to find stuff that works for us plus sized guys! I am 6'5" and unfortunately quite a bit more than 240...

I watched that guy and determined he was right at legal after watching him for 3 days! It took a while but paid off in the end--right at legal and full curl. My first DIY sheep hunt.

It can be tough to find stuff to fit...especially tents--length in particular! And I usually wear gators or I look like PeeWee Herman out there with highwaters! :)

OP
Jdog

Jdog

WKR
went with the Nallo GT3...fits two gumbies like me and my brother.

I am 6'8" and he is 6'7"--we have problems!

OP
Jdog

Jdog

WKR
Decision made last night...Kifaru gets the nod.
Its a bit bigger and feels more durable...but a bit heavier.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I think you'll like it man!!! The DT1 worked great for me on the sheep hunt I just got back from and is leaving tomorrow with me for another sheep hunt!! Good luck to ya JDOG!!!