gear/clothes storage

just curious about what some of you guys do about storing your hunting clothes and gear? I have a collection of stuff for different game animals. (waterfowl,turkey,upland,big game, early season, late season etc) plus all the extra gear (backpack, tent bios, spotter, cook stuff, arrows, cases etc) Im not a fan of having everything in totes, and have played the scent free tote game before Im not convinced it makes that big of difference where I hunt. Especially since I normally play the wind and the sun. I would be curious to hear some of your methods, or even see pictures of what you do.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
I use a combination of totes, cabinets, and closets. Totes work well for my garage, so all my backpacking stuff, overflow clothes, and accessories go in totes. Anything I use day to day, or in the winter, stays in my closet for easy access(even though my wife hates when I wear kryptek highlander in public). All my food I keep in a specific set of cabinets in my garage, which I may be switching to totes to make room for reloading stuff in the cabinets.

Totes , closets , spare bedroom old duffle bags. This crap is everywhere. Especially this time of year. I took the spare bedroom closet and put shelving in it. That helped a bunch. I need a purge for sure.

I keep most items organized in totes or a couple big cabinet lockers. I keep all my fall hunting clothes in a big top loading duffle a buddy gave me from the RAF. What is in the bag is listed on laminated piece of paper and if I take an item out prior to leaving for the trip I cross it off with a grease pencil, and/or erase the grease mark when it goes back in. That way I can look at the sheet to see if I need to add something I took out, etc. Usually the bag is prepped a month out along with a tote for my personal items, gear, pack, and boots. Load the bag, tote, food, and rifle and hit the road.

dtrkyman

WKR
I have an old chest freezer I use, holds tons of stuff and the mice don't get in.