Gear for 2012 Mule Deer Hunt

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I've been using the Kryptek clothing for about a month now and am impressed with the 2012 line and Highlander pattern.... but I'm not really a pro staff type of guy:)

I will say that the Highlander pattern blends in better than anything else I've used and the comparative test photos favor Kryptek. The Valhalla pants are about as good as it gets for UL pants too...

DSC02062.jpg

Good luck on your hunt. Thanks for the feedback on the Kryptek clothing. Is the rain gear shell less noisy than the KUIU Chugach or about the same?

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The Kryptek rain gear is quieter than the Kuiu or Sitka packable, but a little heavier as well. I'm actually skipping a soft shell jacket in my packing list and just running the Koldo rain jacket instead.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Is there a specific pocket for the spitter?

:)

How does the Kryptek raingear breathe?

Good luck on your deer hunt!

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Here's what I would compare it to, but to answer your question, no, it is different than the MT50 in that it does not hold water.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
DSC02115.jpg

DSC02114.jpg

DSC02113.jpg

The XL compresses down to the size of a Nalgene bottle, but if I tried I could probably get it smaller....but I always just stuff it into the compression sack and never roll/fold it up.