Gear Hack- DIY Deep Six Judo Point

J_hol

Lil-Rokslider
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to share what I've found to be the best/easiest way to make a real judo point for a deep six, see photos.

Ingredients:
-Field point.

-Arrow.

-Insert/Glue.

- Spring assembly from standard size judo point (you can either cut an old judo in half or remove the spring assembly with a small flat head screwdriver and a pair of needle nose pliers).

-Aluminum backing plate (washer) from a 1/8" rivet (or whatever fits most snuggly around your field point).

Process:
1. Assemble your point, spring, washer and insert.
2. Glue your insert and point assembly in shaft and let dry (you can do this without gluing a new arrow, but you wont have as much thread contact in your shaft). I suppose that you could also cut/grind about 1/8" off of the front of an existing shaft as well.
3. Grind down your field point until your total arrow weight matches that of your hunting arrows (20-25 grains). This also has the added benefit of blunting your field point to reduce penetration.

IMG_4845.JPG
IMG_4847.JPG

Cheers! I hope this helps.

J

Bughalli

WKR
I did something similar a couple years ago. It worked oaky, but not great. The washes bend, don't fly as well due to drag and they never stayed screwed in very well. Still not as good as the real judo, which I loved shooting, especially mid day on slow elk hunts.. Funny because this year I finally made the switch off Deep 6. I gave them a number of years and generally liked them, but they never came out with enough options for heads. Judo being one of them.