Gear Lists

lowpressure

Lil-Rokslider
Since ive noticed that even if you ask a very specific question as to ones preference on a single piece of gear there will be 1000 different opinions. I would like to just see some peoples gear lists that they use for 3-5 day backpack hunting trips. Everything from gear being worn to backpack, tent, cooking, water filtering, etc..... Elk country in September........ Please just stuff youve actually tried and use. Ill make adjustments for my own purposes ofcourse but researching tons of options. Thanks in advance.

Rob5589

WKR
Here's a thread with the Rokslide crew's gear list.

OP
lowpressure

lowpressure

Lil-Rokslider
Here's a thread with the Rokslide crew's gear list.

Thats exactly what i was after. thanks

amp713

WKR
I did one on my blog in 2018 for august elk and deer. Some pieces have changed and upgraded. Maybe I'll update it this year

Overkill for some, not enough for others.

Truer words have never been spoken. My list certainly isn't all the most ultralight or trendy gear and certainly wouldn't be considered bare bones by any standard but it keeps me comfy on the mountain...slowly upgrading a piece or two at a time and seeing things progressively lighten up, in the meantime I tolerate packing in some of the cheaper/heavier items and suffering a bit more on the way up to be significantly more comfortable on the mountain. The thermometer is pretty useless I just find it entertaining watching the temperatures plummet once the sun goes behind the mountains at night. If anything it will at least make you appreciate paying for things in USD!

OP
lowpressure

lowpressure

Lil-Rokslider
I really do appreciate you guys taking the time to drop these lists. I will also have to carry the extra weight on some items due to the cost of the lighter ones being outside my firefighter wages parameters lol. Ill just decide which ones are the best bang for the buck and roll with it.

thanks again

amp713

WKR
I really do appreciate you guys taking the time to drop these lists. I will also have to carry the extra weight on some items due to the cost of the lighter ones being outside my firefighter wages parameters lol. Ill just decide which ones are the best bang for the buck and roll with it.

thanks again

Dont pack for "what if" and get out as much as you can. If something isnt being used dont keep taking it (excluding like first aid or emergency back up stuff like a string or allergy medication)

Dinger

WKR
Pretty much what I took on the my last solo trip....anything with a 0 next it doesn't make the packing table for that hunt.

i-k565SNr-L.jpg

i-qMV3WwV-L.jpg

i-2kqSDWK-L.jpg

i-RDVp4tM-L.jpg

i-w4ndhzj-L.jpg

i-ShLzVk3-L.jpg

Poaks0810

FNG
Kind of a vague list but you get the idea.

Kifaru reckoning pack
Klymit sleeping bag
Paracord
Spork
Plytapus hydration
Sea to summit pillow
Therma-rest seat pad
Tyto knife
Bino Harness AGC
GPS (watch)
Trekking poles Leki
MSR stove
Black Agnus pad
Bugle/reeds
Hilleburg Tent
Battery power head lamp
Nalgene bottle/holding pouch from kifaru
Filter system
Game bags black orvis
Charging pod (cell phone)
Peak/Mountain house food

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Dang, I need to get on my A game... I usually run around in circles until I am pretty sure I have everything in my pack. Very organized, and obviously a very good idea to have one for different packs/hunts.

Superdoo

WKR
Would anybody be willing to share their Xcel sheet? I'm not great with Excel and it would take me a while to put one together.....

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Would anybody be willing to share their Xcel sheet? I'm not great with Excel and it would take me a while to put one together.....
Try lighterpack.com it’s more user friendly for this purpose.

nrh6.7

WKR
If you're a firefighter, you should look at joining these sites before you spend anything.

guidefitter.com
expertvoice.com
leoadventures.com
govx.com