Gear Replacement Help After Pack Stolen!

Well last week headed to unit 41 in Idaho in hopes of my 11 year old son and his gpa filling a fork tag. Then head to WY to try and fill my elk tag I couldn't get done during archery. Which ended up a huge bust 4 days never even saw a deer despite beautiful country. WY wasn't much better but always fun to be in those Mts. Trip started freaking awesome when I went to grab my kifaru late season was gone!! last saw it at the Smiths in Elko when went into shop. Worst part had my knew kestrel skeleton ovis waited months for, typo, Kuiu rain gear, atlas bipod headlamps, game bags, you name it to grab and hunt. And of course my WY elk tag. I know its my fault being trusting of mankind but dam set the tone for a crappy trip!! I am trying to be positive and look at the bright side can get new gear. So my question which new daypack.? I loved by late season for its ability to haul 65# quarter downside was had to remove the roast on an elk to get it to fit but man the harness is awesome. Ive had earlier Kuiu and after 55#s couldn't compare at all to the kifaru. Been eyeing the new outdoorsman Spur 50 but not sure how comfy it would be with a load? I have the atlas trainer and with 50 not as comfy as my kifaru. But love the idea of being able to just tuck a quarter behind the bag. Any suggestions on the pack to start. I think I will get another tyto so same question on the kestrel ovis maybe go a diff direction? In terms of rain gear I am slowly transitioning to FL stuff and wonder if should give their light rain gear a whirl as I have grown frustrated with Kuiu sizing issues. Being 48 now and still backpack hunting a have been trying to lighten up. LOL Hope everyone had a better year then me

fastaedna

FNG
Maybe he was drinking away the sorrows of the loss???Have the mystery ranch pintler which may be a bit big for a daypack, but not much over 5 pounds and it is up for the task of packing quarters out if it comes to it. I am willing to take a bit of a weight penalty to have the comfort and load carrying capacity.

OP
B
Thanks was looking at MR today. Other then calling a tyto knife typo not sure what’s so confusing about the post?? Got my stuff stolen and looking at upgrading. MR - Mystery Ranch. FL-first lite Kuiu well thst shouldn’t be confusing 55#- 55 lbs,

Rob5589

WKR
Bummer to hear. Elko = methheads. I dig my Exo. Run the 3500 now but had the 2k previously, 2nd gen. For me, they carry so well. The new model looks awesome as well.

OP
B
thanks guys someone mentioned he seek peregrine as well. I never looked at them as associated the with awesome tents. Have an old kifaru timberline for backpacking so I will checkout the exo thanks!!

Krieg Hetzen

Lil-Rokslider
I have a SG Sky Guide 7900 coming in on Monday.... packed a moose out yesterday on my eberlestock Dragonfly and had the bright idea to strap it to the outside cause it was snowy and I didn’t want to remove my gear from the main pouch for the first load... it was a terrible idea. All the weight being so far from my back and shifting of the moose quarter moving and compressing gear sucked in the snow. The other 4 trips when the main pouch was emptied and the was moose was the only thing I was hauling was a cakewalk, just like my September moose hauling experience. Just wish that SG had gotten in on Thursday so I could have taken it. The load hauling on it looks much better!

DRUSS

WKR
Why not another Kifaru? I like my AMR. But also have a EXO 2000 that I really like for day trips. Lots of choices out there though, stone glacier, mystery ranch,seek,kuiu,eberlestock.
And yes, some people just plain SUCK!!

OP
B
I loved my Late season but after looking leaning toward being able to put a quarter between the frame and bag. Just seems to make a lot of sense the way I hunt. but let me think on her.

That sucks, was it in the back of your truck out in the open or did the break in and steal it?

Was thinking last year about how a CRAZY amount of money can be tied up in a loaded pack. Pack itself, down sleeping bag, lightweight tent, binos, rangefinder, spotting scope, tripod, down jacket, rain gear, etc. It can be $3,500-$5,000 gone/lost in an instant.

OP
B
Yup tied down it was the one time during our stop he truck was unattended. Partially my fault and you are right pack alone spend but when ad all the gear yikes. I have a habit of making it ready to grab and go and it cost me

ColeyG

WKR
Bummer to hear. Elko = methheads. I dig my Exo. Run the 3500 now but had the 2k previously, 2nd gen. For me, they carry so well. The new model looks awesome as well.

I'd recommend the Exo as well. I like the 2K as a day pack that can haul meat.

HuntWyld

WKR
I have a mystery ranch cabinet in coyote brown I’ll sell you. It’s a great daypack with the guide lite frame and meat shelf for hauling quarters. Only reason I’m selling is cuz I’ve been doing more backpacking. I was going to try and sell for $320 but if your interested I’ll cut you a deal since I hate hearing about hunters getting ripped off like this.