Gear upgrade question

I have an opportunity to upgrade only one piece of equipment this year. New pack, (Stone Glacier / Kifaru), or new bow Hoyt carbon / Matthews halo 6). I live in Montana and hunt Antelope, deer, elk, moose. What say the experts?

I have an opportunity to upgrade only one piece of equipment this year. New pack, (Stone Glacier / Kifaru), or new bow Hoyt carbon / Matthews halo 6). I live in Montana and hunt Antelope, deer, elk, moose. What say the experts?

Whats your current gear ?

OP
M
2013 Hoyt Charger with Ripcord Ace rest, MBG Ascent single pin sight. Pack is a no frame ,no name surplus backpack.

A new bow wont do anything your old bow wont do. Get a new pack and enjoy the comfort it will bring you.

Pack for sure. Don't think you'd notice as big of an difference upgrading your current bow setup as you would upgrading your pack.

Definitely upgrade the pack if that's something you spend a lot of time wearing. Like others have said the new bow will do the same things your 2013 will. The pack will last forever and make you much more comfortable.

OP
M
Thank you all for the input!
Now for the age old question. Stone Glacier Archer or Kifaru Argali? I'll move this discussion over to the pack section next.

No clear answer on that. Lots of guys here run SG or Kifaru and love them. If you have the funds order both and return the one that doesn't work out. I believe both SG and Kifaru have 30 day return periods. Both great packs and companies.

cocky84

WKR
Absolutely pack. To put it in scale terms going from Charger to Carbon will be like going from a 8 to a 10. Going from a surplus pack to a Kifaru would be like going from a 3 to a 10. In my opinion anyways.

Absolutely pack. To put it in scale terms going from Charger to Carbon will be like going from a 8 to a 10. Going from a surplus pack to a Kifaru would be like going from a 3 to a 10. In my opinion anyways.

Yup.. I still shoot a 08'-09 DXT... and don't feel the need to upgrade yet... and likely couldn't talk the wife in to it either :D

Jimbob

WKR
My wife shoots a charger and I shoot a carbon spyder turbo. I would have no problem shooting a charger, I really like my wife's bow.

So ya pack for sure.

If you go with a nice used pack you should be able to upgrade on more gear than just the pack or have some extra $ for tags. Those bows would cost more by far!!! Get your gear going especially if your current bow setup is accurate and you shoot it well.