General Hunt

RAHC

FNG
Hey Elk hunters what do you prefer or do if you had the choice? OTC Either sex archery Aug 30-Sept 30, or OTC Rifle Antlered only Oct. 15- Nov 3/8 depending on zone. Both on Public Land mostly roadless backcountry. Advantages to both what are your thoughts?

I'm a big fan of the otc archery season. The longer season allows for a bit more flexibility with work and I'm usually out in the woods by myself.

Fixitman

Lil-Rokslider
I agree with Justin Longer season more flexibility and you don't have a bunch of trigger happy guys shooting at you from 1,000 yards

SWOHTR

WKR
You talking Idaho A and B tags?

I'm an A tag guy because I can be out in the woods a lot more...and I can be out there on my birthday. One of these years I'll get a birthday bull.

Wrt pressure, I haven't noticed a lot of other A tag hunters out. B tag/rifle is a different story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
R

RAHC

FNG
Not necessarily A tag or B tag, I know that is what the question is framed as, but think of it as a one or the other could be any state. General Rifle or General Bow? Keep in mind success rates are relatively the same and your hunting back country area.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
It's not even close for me......archery all the way. I'd rather archery hunt a low PP unit in CO than rifle hunt the San Carlos.