General Question on Dloop Length

NYSKIER

WKR
Hi all,

I have since solved the problem with a new Dloop but I just wanted some input on what you guys think the cause for this was. About two weeks ago I saw that my Dloop had some serious wear to it so I finally replaced it. Tied on a new one and didn't tighten it down enough at first so it go quite a bit of stretch. It ended up being longer than I would have liked but felt maybe even a little more natural when I shot (I shoot a thumb release). I noticed that I was shooting fine (bow was in tune bareshafts flew with fieldpoints, cams in good time) except when I went from 80-90/100 my arrows were taking an absolute nosedive. With a weeks worth of shooting I still was having this issue (figured it wasn't me after testing daily and taking my time). I finally cut off that loop tied a new one on and now I'm back to normal. Any reason for this? Could the long loop have been impacting the release or putting unusual pressure on the string (I tested for knock pinch there was none). Just want to see what you guys think for future knowledge

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Think of it this way......if you throw on a 2" loop your anchor is now way back from normal effectively lengthening your overall draw. Form suffers.

I tie my loops as short as possible, but as soon as I draw the bow it pulls the loop out to maybe 3/4's of an inch. So I loosen one knot, pull the tag end as much as possible, cut the melted end off, remelt it close to the knot, and tighten again. That sets it where I want it. I could probably pre-stretch the material, but this method isn't difficult either.

ahlgringo

WKR
Get yourself a set of nock pliers, tie the loop on with no real slack in the loop, and stretch it with the pliers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
N

NYSKIER

WKR
Thanks guys, like I said I have since remedied the problem with a smaller loop I was just curious for future reference in case I wanted to test out different sizes

Ucsdryder

WKR
Get yourself a set of nock pliers, tie the loop on with no real slack in the loop, and stretch it with the pliers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Better yet, take an old pair of needle nose and grind a small groove about 1” from the end of one of the prongs. Boom, D loop pliers!