general season archery

Idahohillboy

Well Known Rokslider
Hey guys done some good hunting in Colorado shot a 183 class buck in the Colorado high country 2020 archer. I have hunted the neighboring high country last year and seen some big deer last year I was on the border of 75 and 66 we kept knocking a 180 type buck across the border. I have been a Muley hunter since 12 and am 43 and have yet to crack 200 I want to try anyone who is familiar with that unit I would love to hear about it. I am wealth of knowledge when it comes to AZ oTC archery, Idaho OTC elk and deer, hunt some Utah and know a lot about NV Deer 242 - 245 hunted that unit 25 days ate a tag down there last year looking for a 200 passed on a 187 buck. I am trying to get a monster if anyone wants to share great, I will trade info. much thanks

OneShot

Well Known Rokslider
Think I’ll be picking up a reissue 75 tag and hunting the border of 66. Thanks for the info! Hopefully that 180 buck is now the size of 2 Benjamin’s

ckleeves

Well Known Rokslider
A time machine is by far your best bet for monsters in 66 lol.

Your gonna have to look at a ton of deer to find one that cracks 200 so get there early and cover a ton of ground. Don’t overlook the low country either.

Ucsdryder

Well Known Rokslider
A time machine is by far your best bet for monsters in 66 lol.

Your gonna have to look at a ton of deer to find one that cracks 200 so get there early and cover a ton of ground. Don’t overlook the low country either.
Probably going to need some jb weld to attach some sage brush to a 160” to get to 200”. Make sure you mix the white and gray very well before applying.

ckleeves

Well Known Rokslider
In all seriousness it is a good unit, it’s just not even close to what it once was but like every Colorado unit there are still a few freaks hiding somewhere.

I hunted the border of it last year archery on a tag that’s about the same point level to draw (you can figure it out pretty easily) and looked at a ton a deer and didn’t see anything that cracked 180. Lots of good looking younger deer and a few not so good looking older deer. A few good bucks came out of the GB last year during second season and then 3rd and 4th were kinda a bust with weather so some big bucks were surely spared so this year could be a good year to be holding a tag.

Shoot me a pm if you want.