Generator run time

My and my hunting partner are heading out west in a couple weeks and plan on taking a deep freeze and Honda 2000 watt generator. For those who have done this how long does a tank of fuel last for you and how comfortable are you leaving the truck to head back in for more hunting if successful early in the trip?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10 hrs running phone chargers dvd etc. Not sure how much juice a freezer would take. I suppose it would greatly depend on outside temp/sun exposure, etc. I've used mine a bunch.

I think it’s really going to depend on size of freezer, it’s efficiency, is it pre/chilled, weather, sunlight etc.

I’d do a few test runs, sometimes when I load up my Honda at work constantly she sucks the fuel mighty faster than at idle doing very little.

EasilyExcited

Lil-Rokslider
Get the extended run time cap so it can draw from a seperate fuel can. I made a set up for my 2200. Pretty sure can do the same on the 2k

Rich M

WKR
We use a Honda 2000 down here for hurricanes and such. Get 8-10 hrs per tank on eco mode.

Someone else said fear of losing the generator - I'd cable it to the truck and remove it, put inside truck or hotel room if you do that for a night - frozen stuff will be fine. I'd also lock the freezer if it has that option.

They do sell caps that will connect to a boat fuel tank and draw off it. I imagine that 6 gallons of gas + the almost gallon inside there would run like 3 days without stopping.

neverquit

WKR
A long time. Once it’s cold and frozen it doesn’t need to be ran the whole time

manitou1

WKR
Man that seems like a lot of extra weight and items (gas cans, generator) to bring just to keep meat cool. I use a couple of coolers with ice. Once meat is in there, get a $10.00 chunk of dry ice from the local meat locker, throw it on TOP, then put a blanket of sleeping bag over the cooler. Better yet, pay the local locker to freeze/store the meat until you leave. I pay $25 to store meat (I butcher it and wrap in the eves or mid day, but in actuality, it could be boned and bagged for the trip home). Honestly, I would gladly pay more for the storage if need be, it is so convenient. On departure day, I pick up my meat, throw it in with a chunk of dry ice on top for the trip home. I have killed on the last day before and put a cut up antelope in with the frozen meat with dry ice on top, wrapped the cooler in a quilt and ALL the meat was frozen when I got home... 1100 miles later in 75-80 degree temps. This was in a white camper shell.
You will be running to town periodically to buy fuel for the generator, so might as well just drop the meat off at the locker IMO. Either way, a trip to town is in order.
I see a few guys do the deep freeze and generator thing every season. It may make more sense to me if you have a large group killing a bunch of animals.
Otherwise, I have no constructive input on the generator... sorry about that.