Generic Brands as Good if Not Better?

What are some generic brand products you found are just as good or better than the name brands they imitate?

me: Coho coolers from Costco (as they have a huge discount) over Yeti coolers

REI brand: Tents, clothes, some packs (i'd say more for backpacking than hunting), but I have had great luck with their products

Titan_Bow

WKR
I think the cooler thing was out of the bag years ago. I picked up a couple Ozark Trails rotomolded coolers about 7 or so years ago, for clearance price at Walmart. I paid a little over 100 bucks for a 72 and 55. Both of those work just as good as the Yetis I bought at an auction the year before.
There are some things that work “just as good” but the older I get the more I realize it’s better to buy something once (preferably on sale) than to buy cheap wanna-be’s several times and end up spending more money. I wouldn’t skimp on boots or backpacks.
I don’t spend tons of money on guns. I have a couple Savages that shoot lights out and group as tight or tighter as my buddies who have thousands of dollars invested in custom guns. I buy my compound bow from ArcheryTalk classified. I picked up a Prime Black 5 this year for about half price what it sold for the year previous. Maven optics have proven to be a really good value as well.
If you shop smart and stick to sales, classifieds, outlet, etc. you don’t have to really skimp on quality ir take a gamble with a generic brand you’ve never heard of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

REI is anti 2A, just keep that in mind if you are spending your money there. I won't give them a dime to help them fight against our constitutional rights.

REI is a good place to go try on boots for 2 hours then leave without buying any. Kill two birds with one stone...find some fitments you like, and take up their employee time without giving them money. Less money they have to fight the 2A!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk