German Precision Optic, trijicon, vortex, NF

Bak222

FNG
So I bought a tikka t3x lite 300 wsm, planning to use it for elk hunting. Planning on staying under 600 yds, budget of about ~$1k. Prefer SFP just cause that’s what I’m used to. Going on a lighter rifle so that’s a factor, but reliability, and clarity come before that.

1. German precision optics passion 6x 2.5-15x50 g4i reticle
2. Trijicon Credo HX 2.5-15x42
3. Vortex Razor HD LHT 3-15x42
4. NF SHV 4-14x56 MOAR illuminated

I think I have it narrowed down to these four, but the only one I have found in store to actually look through is the vortex, and I liked it. I can find hardly anything about the GPO, it was recommended by Neil at Cameraland. Looks like a great value. All have illumination. Does anyone have any personal experience that they’d like to share?

Im admittedly a newbie, but having trouble deciding on the type of reticle also. I like the simplicity of the G4i, and I plan to dial, but would like to have holdovers for at least wind.

I know this type of thread has been discussed LOT. I’ve read and researched this forum for weeks, but can’t find much info on the GPO or trijicon. Thanks for all your help.

Last edited:
No experience with any in this magnification range but I recently was in the scope market (bought mine last week). I did have the opportunity to look through a Trijicon accupoint 5-20x50. Was good quality and had reasonably decent edge to edge. It was around $900 locally if I remember correctly..I ultimately went with. Nightforce SHV 5-20x56mm SFP. Just a shade over 1k. IMO the nightforce has better quality optics in this price point. Crisper image quality and better edge to edge to my non-profesional eye. Sorry it's not a direct apple's to apple's comparison on what your doing but hopefully it gives you another nugget of info to use in your decision.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
B

Bak222

FNG
No experience with any in this magnification range but I recently was in the scope market (bought mine last week). I did have the opportunity to look through a Trijicon accupoint 5-20x50. Was good quality and had reasonably decent edge to edge. It was around $900 locally if I remember correctly..I ultimately went with. Nightforce SHV 5-20x56mm SFP. Just a shade over 1k. IMO the nightforce has better quality optics in this price point. Crisper image quality and better edge to edge to my non-profesional eye. Sorry it's not a direct apple's to apple's comparison on what your doing but hopefully it gives you another nugget of info to use in your decision.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I’d really like to get my hands on both of them..I’d like to see if the image quality on the NF would make up for the extra weight and expense. Thanks for the info!