Get a broadhead out of foam target?

Anyone have any good ideas or methods for getting a broadhead out of a layered foam target? Strong magnet on a stick?

Break the target down, then reassemble.

Might not want to tear the target up, but if left in there it's likely to ruin other heads from impact.

If you are careful pulling broadheads, and you feel the insert pull, sometimes you can push the shaft back in and it will align with the insert and you can push it out the back of the target.

I doubt you could find a magnet strong enough to pull it out. If it's stuck shallow enough and the foam layers are loose enough, you might be able to get a bite on the broadhead shank/insert with a pair of long-nosed locking pliers and yank it out.

Other than that I think your only options are to either start carving out chunks of foam until you find the broadhead or cut the banding/webbing that holds the target together so you can take the layers apart then put it back together and use ratchet straps to re-compress it. I've used the ratchet strap method to rearrange layers and get more life out of targets.

3forks

WKR
Other than what others have posted, not really much to offer other than marking that section of your target permanently if you do leave the broad head in there. Like Billy Goat said, the chance of finding buried treasure in your target and damaging other heads or arrow shafts could result.

LostArra

WKR
I mushroomed the front end of a new arrow this weekend hitting "something" (fieldpoint, broadhead?) in a Rinehart target. There is no way short of major surgery to retrieve any head from the Rinehart foam.