Get Ready for Biden's onslaught

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattB

WKR
Since most of us lean right, there is nothing a democrat can do to make us happy. Convince me otherwise. I'll take..."don't screw it up" over being a giant pile of dookie.

Believe it or not, dems were saying the same thing when republicans get elected.

Why aren't more of you libertarian?
Having read lots of post here full of right wing vitriol, I thought the way this worked is if you question anything done by Trump that makes you a democrat? So confusing...

Justinjs

Lil-Rokslider
Having read lots of post here full of right wing vitriol, I thought the way this worked is if you question anything done by Trump that makes you a democrat? So confusing...
Not sure I follow, could you elaborate?

Hoodie

WKR
On one hand, this isn't going to be great, but on the other, the people that just wanted a "nice guy that doesn't say or tweet mean things" are going to reap what they sowed and hopefully learn their lesson.

I could be very wrong in my perception of this , but for many voters I think the ¨mean¨-ness of the tweets wasn´t so much the issue as their ¨factual inaccuracy.¨

In my personal, unqualified opinion Biden is almost the epitome of mediocrity. I didn´t vote for him because I don´t think he´s qualified to hold the position. For a variety of reasons. I don´t say this to denigrate anyone´s choice of who to vote for, that´s not my place. Just to illustrate that my criticism of Trump isn´t coming from a straight ticket Democrat voter.

Last edited:

Justinjs

Lil-Rokslider
I have been accused multiple times of being a democrat because I criticized Trump for various things. Comment was tongue in cheek.
Ah. Me too. I was called a liberal in college, despite attending a predominantly republican business school.

Hoodie

WKR
Yeah, as in smaller government, do what you want as long as it doesn't infringe on someone else's rights. Or keep eating the same bipartisan crap soup that's been served up.

There´s a really good Freakonomics podcast on how the two-party system, viewed in economic terms, is essentially a duopoly that limits real competition and innovation. Itś worth a listen. The incentive structure is set up in such a way that it´s basically preferable for either of the two major parties to lose to their biggest competitor and maintain the status quo than to allow serious competition from third parties.

My biggest hope long term in American politics is that we can institute rank-choice voting.

Justinjs

Lil-Rokslider
There´s a really good Freakonomics podcast on how the two-party system, viewed in economic terms, is essentially a duopoly that limits real competition and innovation. Itś worth a listen. The incentive structure is set up in such a way that it´s basically preferable for either of the two major parties to lose to their biggest competitor and maintain the status quo than to allow serious competition from third parties.

My biggest hope long term in American politics is that we can institute rank-choice voting.
I'll have to check it out, never heard of it before.

Yep, two party system is essentially being required to purchase Microsoft or Apple products and being stuck with them for years. Having more choices allows for a better products...ohh what's the word??..that's right, "capitalism".
Remember kids, competition breeds perfect.

I used to agree somewhat with your assessment in regards to how Trump conducted himself; but he was the ultimate outsider, didn't owe anything to anyone to get elected. You try and get anything done fighting the opposition plus most of your own party - the swamp rats are so entrenched in DC they will destroy anyone that tries to end the corruption.
Draining the swamp could be loosly defined as "cronyism.":

My mind is still blown that as a country, the best we had to choose from was Trump and Biden.

Opah

WKR
Why are we even discussing Trump ? He is gone, out of the picture. What was is no longer has no meaning, what is now, is what we should be concerned about.
We have a anti-gun President and soon to be president.
We have a president and soon to be president that have promised to raise and raise our taxes.
We have a government that does not believe the laws apply to them and the swearing to protect our constitution meant only the parts they think are useful for them.
so much more to be concerned about friends

Flyjunky

WKR
Why are we even discussing Trump ? He is gone, out of the picture. What was is no longer, what is is what we should be concerned about.
We have a president and soon to be president that have promised to raise and raise our taxes.
We have a government that does not believe the laws apply to them and the swearing to protect our constitution meant only the parts they think are useful for them.
People, especially certain media outlets, want to keep talking about Trump because it keeps the eyes off our new administration.

Justinjs

Lil-Rokslider
Why are we even discussing Trump ? He is gone, out of the picture. What was is no longer, what is is what we should be concerned about.
When someone says "raise taxes", can you elaborate. Most people don't know what they pay in taxes without looking (income, federal, sales, ect.). Isn't every dem anti gun? I know if a few staunch republicans who are anti gun.

If you know a product is crap, can you really be disappointed when it lives up to expectations?

Have you run the numbers and read the plan? Do you make more than $400k a year?
You raise the taxes on income over $400k, it trickles down in pay to everyone below. That threshold is pretty much all your small business owners. Big companies push bonuses and stuff down when their taxes are light. That all stops when they have to start shelling out more money in taxes. Happens all the time.

You raise the taxes on income over $400k, it trickles down in pay to everyone below. That threshold is pretty much all your small business owners. Big companies push bonuses and stuff down when their taxes are light. That all stops when they have to start shelling out more money in taxes. Happens all the time.
I think it's pretty widely accepted that trickle down economics never really worked as intended.

Justinjs

Lil-Rokslider
This is known as conjecture.
Could you provide some instances of where it "happens all the time".

Hoodie

WKR
When someone says "raise taxes", can you elaborate. Most people don't know what they pay in taxes without looking (income, federal, sales, ect.). Isn't every dem anti gun? I know if a few staunch republicans who are anti gun.

If you know a product is crap, can you really be disappointed when it lives up to expectations?

There´s also plenty of Democrats that are pro 2A. There are 2 subforums on Reddit for pro 2A liberals. People might be surprised how many people with diametrically opposed views on other issues are in complete agreeance on the 2A.

Gun ownership in general is definitely more common among Republicans, with 57% of Republicans having at least one gun in their household.

But 25% of Democrats live in a household with at least one firearm. That is not an insignificant number of voters at all.

All of this bodes well in general for the 2A.

People are super quick these days to paint a picture of ¨Us vs Them.¨ It´s easy and it´s intellectually lazy. In reality plenty of people in this country don´t vote strictly along party lines.

But Freedom Loving Americans vs. Communists is certainly more fun.

Corporate taxes are rolled into product costs and passed on to the end user. That makes it more expensive for everyone while making US made products and services less competitive which leads to fewer jobs.

Okhotnik

WKR
I have and this is just another nail in the coffin for millions of small business owners. The Dems have morphed into the party of billionaires, big banks, big tech., big Pharma etc Now its really obvious under Biden

Status
Not open for further replies.