Get your HazMat certification to be able to ship powder!

Termite

FNG
I know this is a pretty ambitious undertaking but it seems that it is possible (but not cheap) get your certification to ship powder through the below link. Im not affiliated with them at all. I just thought it was a cool idea. Is anyone on here certified? If so can you explain your process?

traininginfo.PNG

Hmmm...My coworkers and I ship dangerous goods once in a while and have never gotten any sort of industry or government "certification." We have been through plenty of training (and refreshers) and the firm makes sure that we have the packaging, labeling, and documentation right. Screw it up and the stiff penalties apply to both the company and the individual, so maybe it's worth going through a class. Sometimes we just dispose of the dangerous goods instead of sending it back, not worth the risk to save a few buck. Maybe my firm's internal training meets the requirements of 49 CFR...

Will you ship enough dangerous goods to make up for the training fees?

OP
T

Termite

FNG
No I probably won’t get it. I just wanted to research the idea of it. If it was 20-30 bucks I would, but that’s a hefty fee they charge. But I wonder if there are cheaper avenues???