Getting burned by gear sales

OP
Time2fish

Time2fish

Lil-Rokslider
☝🏼Ha! That’s usually my problem too!☝🏼
On a side note, Garmin INREACH mini is now $250. That’s a burner!

tdhanses

WKR
Blemish sale was not free shipping and I can do math.
If so upset return it or cancel your order and order a an Unblemished that is cheaper, pretty simple vs complaining.

Maybe it’s better if you see free shipping on the blem’s as a choice vs the $0.00 charge. Also last I checked a 15% discount was a better reduction then 10% but I can’t do math like you.

9575240B-3F10-428A-8D12-3BD2446FAC10.png

Last edited:
OP
Time2fish

Time2fish

Lil-Rokslider
0A5FA3D3-04FB-4CDB-B742-F57329134025.jpegI can’t do the arrow thing you did but I definitely got charged shipping.
I really just started this post to hear other people’s stories of slight buyers remorse due to a poorly time purchase.
Love my tent, stoked to have it, and won’t be complaining about paying a few bucks more for it.
$0 seems like free to me.

View attachment 233349

Looking forward to my next impulse buy, poorly timed or not.

sndmn11

WKR
What state are you in?

My math says $495 X .9 = $445, and that is greater than the $439 from your screen shot.

Last edited:

Opah

WKR
I shop and shop again find a good price and shop until the sale is close to being over and if I don't find a better price I buy and never look back.
Seems like a week or two after your good deal ends a great deal presents itself. If you do decide to hold off and see what happen the prices go thru the roof.
Just do the best you can and be happy with what you bought. there will always be another sale

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I've had it happen to me a few times, but I have also taken too long hoping for a better price and ended up having to pay more. So, I don't worry about it. Its not like I got ripped off and over payed an unscrupulous seller (that does piss me off).

I did get singed on this SO sale though as I ordered a Redcliff hot tent combo and probably should not have pulled that money from savings. I've been wanting one for over a year though. Time to sell a rifle, anyone want an M1A with goodies?

Michael54

WKR
I've had it happen to me a few times, but I have also taken too long hoping for a better price and ended up having to pay more. So, I don't worry about it. Its not like I got ripped off and over payed an unscrupulous seller (that does piss me off).

I did get singed on this SO sale though as I ordered a Redcliff hot tent combo and probably should not have pulled that money from savings. I've been wanting one for over a year though. Time to sell a rifle, anyone want an M1A with goodies?
Heard you had a kimber to get rid of ....

Okhotnik

WKR
Small rant warning!
I purchased a SO Cimarron from there factory blemish sale 2 weeks ago, and was feeling pretty good about it. Until today when I found out about their 10yr anniversary sale. I could have got the same set up, non-blemished for cheaper!
it’s not enough money to make a stink about, it just ribs me a bit.
I feel like I always make these kind of purchases.
Anybody else get stuck with purchases like this? Maybe you buy right before the new and improved comes out, or discontinue happens but you paid full price a week before. It’s always a gamble I guess.
prayers sent

CorbLand

WKR
You want to talk about getting burned. I came across some Hornady 6.5PRC brass last week at the store. Grabbed it, thinking I won the lottery. Last night I was looking at it through the little window in the box and thought, "man that looks a little big for 6.5PRC." Popped it open, sure as shit, 300WM brass in a 6.5PRC box. Totally ruined my week.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Small rant warning!
I purchased a SO Cimarron from there factory blemish sale 2 weeks ago, and was feeling pretty good about it. Until today when I found out about their 10yr anniversary sale. I could have got the same set up, non-blemished for cheaper!
it’s not enough money to make a stink about, it just ribs me a bit.
I feel like I always make these kind of purchases.
Anybody else get stuck with purchases like this? Maybe you buy right before the new and improved comes out, or discontinue happens but you paid full price a week before. It’s always a gamble I guess.
Seriously? You have a shelter with the same warranty as any other SO shelter. Good grief.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sobrbiker

WKR
I try not to look at anything I just bought recently, because the scenario you described is the way it always goes for me...

Feare

FNG
I paid full price for garmin in reach mini early September now they're $250 but to me it's still worth the $350 I paid for it and that's why I bought it. Worrying about the I should of bought or sold is an exercise in futility. And if you're really burned about seek outside and don't support them I'll take it off your hands for cheap...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk