Getting cack into bow hunting, ATA question..

After a 10yr absence, a buddy has convinced me to get back into bow hunting. It will be strictly western spot and stalk for us. My question is around ATA, I know long is more forgiving/stable but does it change for someone vertically deficient like myself? I am 5'8" with a 27" draw (could be 27.5", don't remember). Looking at a 35" Hoyt RX1 Ultra that is for sale locally. Does the ATA seem to be out of line with my height or is that a non issue?

wapitibob

WKR
It's an issue related to draw length and string angle which can make it impossible to get the string lined up with the face unless you drop your head down or increase the bows draw length. At your draw length a 35" bow will be fine.

chadcharb

Lil-Rokslider
I think with that draw length you'll be giving up a good bit of speed with that long of an ata. I push most of my sub 28"draw length guys and gals to a 30-33" bow. I have several buddies and my wife in that range shooting the obsession fx30 with great results for speed and shoot ability

OR Archer

WKR
I’m the same height and draw and shoot an RX4 ultra. It’s a non issue. If you buy that bow just make sure it’s a #2 cam and you have access to #2A mods.

OP
P
Thanks guys - of I do end up getting that bow I believe it has #3 cams, are the 2 cams easily purchased from a Hoyt dealer?

fatlander

WKR
Thanks guys - of I do end up getting that bow I believe it has #3 cams, are the 2 cams easily purchased from a Hoyt dealer?

No.

You need to buy a number 2 cam. If not, you’ll need to order new limbs, strings, and cams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zac

WKR
Honestly I would stay away from the RX1. You could pick up a Helix or an Axius for the same price and get alot more efficiently out of it.

87TT

WKR
I picked up a Helix this year. New old stock. I like it a lot. Check the let off and laws in your state or state you hunt. It has 85% let off but they make 80% mods I think. Some states only allow up to 80%.