Getting From Anchorage to Tok

VernAK

WKR
It's been an exceptionally nice winter here with little snow and warmer temperatures. I'm hoping this results in increased survival and higher calf weights.

Johnboy

WKR
Random question here, but I'm curious. Is it pronounced "Tock" or "Toke"? I've heard it both ways.

Andrew, if you make it down to the Kenai while you're up here give me a shout. Could do some fishing or chase some black bears.

Don't you have to pay per mile on the uhaul option? We rented an F150 for 3 of us last year from Fairbanks to Tok and it was around $900 for I believe 12 days, unlimited miles. Then you'd be able to get 4 guys in. I will warn you though, it was interesting getting gear, meat, horns in an F150 for 3 dudes. If we'd have had ratchet straps we could have stacked more though.

A few years back coming back down the haul road we ran into a crew of three guys packed into a rental hatchback type car with three sets of caribou antlers on top and jam packed with gear. The guy in the back and front passenger had bags on their laps for the entire drive! Think they flew/hunted out of happy valley...now that would be a long drive...wow.

Just rent a truck out of anchorage at enterprise in town...not airport. Make sure to have glass coverage or zero deductible on your personal insurance policy that extends to the rental. You will crack a windshield.