getting in shape for arizona

WTDII

FNG
Boy this is going to be FUN. NOT. Received my 7e wilderness elk hunt license for oct 4-10 in the mail the other day. Been working out for 4 weeks up to then and have lost at least 20 lbs and traded it for 8-10lbs of muscle. So as of 4/9 i weighed 286. and its still going down. im up to 30 min with a heart rate of 140-150 during the work out and it feels great.

jm1607

WKR
7E is super mild/tame. Just rolling hills, no mountains or anything.. You should be fine

Unless you won Kachina Peaks, that's a different story.. Just do the best you can! Plenty of time!

OP
WTDII

WTDII

FNG
7E is super mild/tame. Just rolling hills, no mountains or anything.. You should be fine

Unless you won Kachina Peaks, that's a different story.. Just do the best you can! Plenty of time!
yep thats where im going the wilderness hunt in the kachina peaks

I've found riding a stationary bike has improved the endurance of my legs a lot.

Good luck keep pushing hard you have plenty of time.

elkdog

Lil-Rokslider
Keep up the good work, and don't forget to post about the hunt.

sneaky

"DADDY"
If getting into shape for a hunt and improving your overall health isn't motivation enough, I don't know what is.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sadler

WKR
Strong work man! I hunted that unit a few years back and all i can say is hike with weight. Nothing else is better, except maybe that assault bike. That thing will try to steal your soul.

OP
WTDII

WTDII

FNG
Strong work man! I hunted that unit a few years back and all i can say is hike with weight. Nothing else is better, except maybe that assault bike. That thing will try to steal your soul.

what do you mean by assault bike?

Left AZ 4 years ago for the Midwest. Put on 40 lbs since and have now committed to getting that off to make a trip out west. My biking in that state always kept me ready for fall. Good luck and keep up the work. You’ll be so glad you did.

Paul B

Lil-Rokslider
That peaks hunt is no joke. Are you packing in with animals or hiking up every day?

Daniel Bybee

Lil-Rokslider
When it gets a bit closer to the hunt reach out, I have had the hunt. We saw elk nearly everyday and it can be fun!

Professor

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats and I feel your pain. I am 54 and heading to Idaho for spring bear. Tomorrow will be 4 weeks and I have dropped 21 lbs. I am 6 ' and was 232 when my son told me he wanted to do a bear hunt in Idaho for his birthday. Now I am at 211 and am just now able to really push it. I have 5 more weeks to train. We are packing up and down the river bluffs - about 5-6 hundred feet elevation change. I can not however replicate the altitude. We are in Georgia @1000 ft.