Getting in touch with Kifaru

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Kifaru or if they are closed down from COVID-19? I have tried the "contact us" on their website, emailing them directly, and calling several times and leaving a voicemail once. I haven't tried to contact a specific person through their directory because you need to know the name of the person and I don't know who to try to reach. I have only been trying for a week so maybe they just take a while to respond? I am anxious to get something ordered as I really need it for September. Hopefully their lead time isn't too long right now.

I will include my specific questions in case anyone else can answer them. I have never had a pack that I can get to stay on my hips without slipping down. I am using the mystery ranch metcalf now and it is better than others, but still not very good. I tried out the duplex lite at the Western Hunting Expo in February and loved it.

I am 6'3" 210 lbs. I wear 34 waist pants, but taking an actually measurement around the top of my hips I get 37". The guy at the expo recommended I go with a small belt, but size chart on the website says I should go medium (I am not sure what size I actually tried out at the expo). I am not sure if you are supposed to be going on what size pants you wear or the actual measurement. If anyone can answer that on here I would appreciate it. I have read 3-4 threads on here about belt sizing but it is unclear on all of them if people are measuring or just going by waist size on pants and also most of them are about the older frame so I am not sure if the sizing holds true for the lite. I will be going small shoulder straps as I only have 17-1/4" torso. All my height is in my legs.

I am also wondering which version of the water bottle pouch works best for a wide mouth nalgene bottle if anyone has input on that.

Last question is on color. I really like the ranger green but it doesn't seem to be very popular. Any reason people don't like that color?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Called them a few days ago and got a live person right off the bat. Gave great info, sent some pics via email and they got back tome the next day. Phone rep did say they were slammed with orders, seems like everyone who is actually working these days is swamped, me included. Keep trying.

541hunter

WKR
I ordered a cut throat on June 11th got my shipping notification about two days ago and it said it will be delivered Tuesday. I have a ranger green EMR ll with a coyote frame and love the combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bj00pb

FNG
I ordered from Kifaru on 6/12, recently got an email on 7/10 that says it shipped, and delivery will be 7/15. The day I called they answered, and walked me through everything. I am 6' 205lbs, with a 35 pant size. The rep recommended I also get a small belt (unlike what i was thinking) but his reasoning was that a small shouldn't "bottom out"... so I went with it. He said I can return for medium rather quickly if I'm not satisfied once I try it on. Had same question about water bottle pocket and he suggested the Gen 2 for wide mouth. I really can't answer the color question, or why people don't care for it.... as I ordered Ranger Green Stryker, Camp bag and Duplex Lite frame with multicam pockets for myself. Will be more than happy to post pics and a review when I get it in.

Dvidos

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered from Kifaru on 6/12, recently got an email on 7/10 that says it shipped, and delivery will be 7/15. The day I called they answered, and walked me through everything. I am 6' 205lbs, with a 35 pant size. The rep recommended I also get a small belt (unlike what i was thinking) but his reasoning was that a small shouldn't "bottom out"... so I went with it. He said I can return for medium rather quickly if I'm not satisfied once I try it on. Had same question about water bottle pocket and he suggested the Gen 2 for wide mouth. I really can't answer the color question, or why people don't care for it.... as I ordered Ranger Green Stryker, Camp bag and Duplex Lite frame with multicam pockets for myself. Will be more than happy to post pics and a review when I get it in.
+1
sam.jpg

OP
uppercut11
Thanks everybody. This really helps. It sound like I just had odd timing and should be able to get in touch with them. I would love to hear what you think of the sizing on the small when you get it bj00pb and how far the padding wraps around.

kcm2

WKR
They are definitely open. Aron posts his cell number and will take your calls. Corey at Kifaru HQ is very helpful, and can dial you in with your pack as can Frank Peralta.

Aluminum Rain

Lil-Rokslider
My pack took about 35 days last month from order to arrival. I have a 37" waist and wear 36" or 38" Levis depending. 5 yrs ago i ordered a Bikini frame with large belt and it bottomed out so i sent it back for medium. My duplex light frame is medium. You just want to stay away from having too large of belt so it doesnt bottom out. A smaller belt is not really an issue as long as it can buckle.

OP
uppercut11
My pack took about 35 days last month from order to arrival. I have a 37" waist and wear 36" or 38" Levis depending. 5 yrs ago i ordered a Bikini frame with large belt and it bottomed out so i sent it back for medium. My duplex light frame is medium. You just want to stay away from having too large of belt so it doesnt bottom out. A smaller belt is not really an issue as long as it can buckle.
I am worried about the small not having long enough waist pads to go around my hips though. How much belt do you have left on your medium before it bottoms out Aluminum Rain?

OP
uppercut11
They are definitely open. Aron posts his cell number and will take your calls. Corey at Kifaru HQ is very helpful, and can dial you in with your pack as can Frank Peralta.
Thanks. I will try to get ahold of Aaron or Frank. Someone messaged me Aaron's cell number. I don't want to bother him on Sunday so I will try during the week.

OP
uppercut11
I ordered a cut throat on June 11th got my shipping notification about two days ago and it said it will be delivered Tuesday. I have a ranger green EMR ll with a coyote frame and love the combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you have a picture of that combination you could share?

Catahoula

WKR
I just placed an accessory order with them last week. I shot them a couple emailed questions I had prior to placing order, they got back to me within an hour. So I would say they are there.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Not that color matters but I happen to have ended up with all ranger green and love it.

This is my 12+ day pack set up mostly emptied out in the photo but all ranger green so you can see an idea of this ridiculous monster pack and the color in all its glory haha.

Ma Duece Bag
26” Frame and Small Belt
Medium and Small Belt Pouches On Main Bag
Native as a lid for dumping main bag and having a small pack. Love this.
Organizer Pocket and Large Belt Pouch on the Native
Holster on right belt Nalgene on left

5EDF10D1-A0E6-4A62-80A9-52CEE755BFA4.jpeg

OP
uppercut11
Not that color matters but I happen to have ended up with all ranger green and love it.

This is my 12+ day pack set up mostly emptied out in the photo but all ranger green so you can see an idea of this ridiculous monster pack and the color in all its glory haha.

Ma Duece Bag
26” Frame and Small Belt
Medium and Small Belt Pouches On Main Bag
Native as a lid for dumping main bag and having a small pack. Love this.
Organizer Pocket and Large Belt Pouch on the Native
Holster on right belt Nalgene on left
Looks great! Thanks for sharing the picture and info on you setup. I am looking at the hoodlum with water bottle pocket and small belt pouch on left and medium belt pouch on top rather than having lid.

I’ve talked to Aunders multiple times in last few weeks. Just call during adjusted business hours, shouldn’t be an issue. Problem the TAC issue.

It's also the weekend. They'll be most likely be there on Monday. If you've got social media you can usually get a hold of Frank, or Aron directly if you're desperate. They're good about questions.

I have a ranger green 44 mag. I personally think it looks badass.

C.payne

WKR
Yes they are all closed right now due to the total archery challenge.
I would definitely say listen to their recommendations on sizing. I didn’t and ended up having to get a smaller belt. I wear a 31” waist in my pants but measure 33.5 around my waist with a tape. I also tend to really suck down my hip belt. They recommended an XS belt but I ordered a small And I could bottom it out. I ended up having to get the XS.
As far as ranger green it is an awesome colour and contrasts well with all the coyote zippers and webbing. My favourite.
I run the Gen 1 nalgene pocket with a wide mouth and love it. It holds its shape and is not as deep as the new one. It is really easy to slip the bottle in and out of one handed but is also very secure.

OP
uppercut11
It's also the weekend. They'll be most likely be there on Monday. If you've got social media you can usually get a hold of Frank, or Aron directly if you're desperate. They're good about questions.

I have a ranger green 44 mag. I personally think it looks badass.
How do you like the 44 mag? I was considering it instead of the hoodlum, but was mostly swayed by the hoodlum having more size for less weight.