Getting into a suppressor

h2so4

WKR
Wherever you buy, make sure they will use the eForm 4. It will hopefully get you your suppressor much faster.

Went to a local dealer here who claims to be the #1 seller of suppressors in the US. Told him I was looking for one that I could swap between different 30 cals that I have as well as my 6.5., etc. Based on that as well as weight he suggested the Q Trash Panda. Seems like a legit suppressor, but haven't seen it mentioned much here.

Does anyone have any real world experience with this option?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

h2so4

WKR
Unless you went to the SilencerShop physical store,
I doubt he is the “#1 seller”.
I’m pretty unfamiliar with the Q lineup. However, I suspect at the price point there is a better option or something that performs the same for cheaper.

Yeah, one that has me intrigued is the SilencerCo. Harvester EVO. It's a bit over 6", 10 oz and comes in at $680. They didn't have one for me to fondle though.

sdx

FNG
I would get titanium and nothing longer than 7 inches for hunting. Mine is 9" and I feel it's too long, wish I would have went shorter.

B23

WKR
The Banish 30 from Silencer Central is a modular can that's run either as a 7 or 9. I have one coming anytime and it'll be interesting to see which length I like best.

JDBAK

Lil-Rokslider
Went to a local dealer here who claims to be the #1 seller of suppressors in the US. Told him I was looking for one that I could swap between different 30 cals that I have as well as my 6.5., etc. Based on that as well as weight he suggested the Q Trash Panda. Seems like a legit suppressor, but haven't seen it mentioned much here.

Does anyone have any real world experience with this option?

I have a Trash Panda and like it. So far, I've only shot it on a Tikka 260 and a .223 AR-15. It works well, but I don't have much to compare it to. Kinda wish I bought the 6.5 version, the "Jumbo Shrimp", lighter and shorter. But the plan is to use the Trash Panda on 30 cal rifles as well.

Sled

WKR
Is it normal to expect to spend $1000+ on a can?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes and no. For a top of the line then yes. A silencerco harvester will run about 775 including the tax stamp. It'll do most of what the others do at a lower price point. While I'm satisfied with mine I also have an ultra 7 that I use on another rifle and a nomad LT on the way. The nomad is on sale with a free tax stamp at silencer shop. Easy way to go and even easier after you do it once.

colby12

WKR
I am by no means an expert on the subject but check out ECCO Machine. I don't have one of his manufactured cans but he did a recore on a form 1 for me and I really like it.

txjustin

Lil-Rokslider
Yes and no. For a top of the line then yes. A silencerco harvester will run about 775 including the tax stamp. It'll do most of what the others do at a lower price point. While I'm satisfied with mine I also have an ultra 7 that I use on another rifle and a nomad LT on the way. The nomad is on sale with a free tax stamp at silencer shop. Easy way to go and even easier after you do it once.

What’s your favorite? I just ordered a silencerco omega 300

Sled

WKR
What’s your favorite? I just ordered a silencerco omega 300

Can't say I have a favorite as they all serve their purpose well. I will say my torrent T3k is my least favorite as it doesn't do much other than look good.

Go West Old Man

WKR
Classified Approved
Dead Air Sandman L . Have had it on a .308 and it’s pretty much ear safe. My avatar picture is it. Downside is the extra length & weight.

fatbacks

WKR
Very happy with size, weight and noise reduction with my Dead Air Nomad Ti. I hunted Kodiak with it a few weeks back... everyone on the boat with me has a suppressor on order and several of them used my rifle to shoot their deer.

I would like to get a suppressor for my Tikka t3x lite in 7mm rem mag. Can someone recommend a brand/style to look at? I’m aware of having to get a tax stamp but is that applied for through the company you purchase through? Any considerations I should know about that you wish you knew when you got one? My barrel is threaded for a comp so will that work for the suppressor? Thanks for any info you can give me.

https://www.silencershop.com/dead-air-nomad-lt.html
Wow this promotion is awesome
You won't find a better/quieter suppressor unless you jump up to the huge CGS Hyperion.
The Nomad LT is rated quieter than the gen 2 ultra 9, by third party shooters.
I ordered mine last spring so didn't get the free tax stamp☹
Silencer Shop is 100% the best/easiest process to get a suppressor, they have preferred dealers everywhere so you won't have to pay an expensive transfer fee.

Basically you fill out their online form, upload a picture with your phone, send them a set of prints and you're good to go.
They offer a "Single shot" trust which is what I went with.
Give them a call and they'll set you up with a local preferred dealer

I have a can on all of my guns. My favorites are the Dead Air Nomad 30 and the Dead Air Nomad TI. At 6.5 inches long each they are a good size. I have longer cans that are supposedly quieter but I don't notice the noise difference but I do notice the extra length and weight.

If I was just going to own one can, it would be the Dead Air Nomad TI. Its the same size as the Nomad 30 but lighter. Only downside is that it costs a little bit more than the Nomad 30.

After you buy one you will want more. Do yourself a favor and order a rimfire can. I have a Dead Air Mask on a .22 and its stupid quiet and fun to shoot.