Getting into Coyote hunting

MikeG

Lil-Rokslider
I see your from Idaho, note that night hunting is illegal here except on private property with written permission. Not worth losing your hunting privileges, hefty fine, and a record.

This.

You can get a night hunting permit for public land, but I hear they are tough to get.

4ester

WKR
Personally.....buy a few hand calls and a howler and learn how to use them.

Ive used ecallers with some luck, but also lots of frustration. Cold Temps with those rechargable batteries and they will start cutting out (especially calling big country on high volume). Everybody can go buy a foxpro and play the bunny blues. Dogs get smart after awhile.

Find stands that are hard to access and a ways from the roads and you will have better luck.

I have an old spitfire that i think was $199 at the time. Ive ranged it at around 250yds and it worked no problem at all. Maybe the newer ones are different. No complaints at all for the amount i do these days. If something goes wrong its my setup or the wind, never been limited by the caller.
Sight: Armasight😁

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Another thing I'll add-if you call the owner of Night Eyes-he always answers the phone and will spend all day talking tactics with you. He is energetic and super knowledgeable. I don't do facebook, but he has some cool stuff on youtube and facebook. I'm pretty sure he has been featured on some hunting shows as well. Coyote slaying machine, and a solid guy for sure.