Getting into Reloading

CJohnson

WKR
Aside from having a mentor to learn from, what are some of the best resources out there for getting into reloading?

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
A second vote for Panhandle Precisions on YouTube! Long Range Only on YouTube also has some great videos about load development, ladder tests, etc. The Berger Reloading Manual has a ton of in-depth information about load development. Quick-load software is very nice to have for load data. The Hogdon website is also a great place to find load data. Always cross-reference load data and always start your tests below the listed max loads!

JRMiller

WKR
Panhandle Precision on Youtube has some really good videos to learn from. Also, pick up the Lee reloading manual. There is a ton of information in there before it gets to the load data.
+1. Yep, Panhandle. watch his series and you’ll learn all you need to know.

Also considering getting into bare bones reloading. Probably a dumb question, but I’ll often see people chose the same caliber for different cartridge chamberings. Do you need a different setup for each individual chambering, like if I had a 308 and and 30-06 and a .300 Win Mag would I need an individual setup for each, or would one cover all the bases?

Ram94

WKR
Also considering getting into bare bones reloading. Probably a dumb question, but I’ll often see people chose the same caliber for different cartridge chamberings. Do you need a different setup for each individual chambering, like if I had a 308 and and 30-06 and a .300 Win Mag would I need an individual setup for each, or would one cover all the bases?
You would need separate die sets for each chambering, yes.

snuzzo29

Lil-Rokslider
Best advice I was given was to get a good reloading manual like the Lyman 50th. I also have the Speer, Nosler and Western Powder manuals. Determine what components you will need for the calibers you want to reload and start buying some when you find them. The equipment is the easy part to find.