Getting it figured out ... maybe

Aklongbow

FNG
Every year I fight with myself over bow quivers .... it's a love /hate relationship lol!
This year I bought a Safari Tuff Arrowmaster and I'm loving it !!! Figured out today how to hang my bow on it quickly for hands free hiking .
Snowshoed 4miles today with 60# pack and not one problem with the bow staying in place . Easy on and easy off , think I'm going to love this setup!!!!

Attachments

• 20220306_143417.jpg
    20220306_143417.jpg
    459.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 20220306_143511.jpg
    20220306_143511.jpg
    502.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 20220306_143447.jpg
    20220306_143447.jpg
    424.7 KB · Views: 41

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I was out snowshoeing with my long bow but not carrying a pack and just holding the bow in my hands.

OP
Aklongbow

Aklongbow

FNG
I was out snowshoeing with my long bow but not carrying a pack and just holding the bow in my hands.
I usually just hold the bow , but with my bad ankle and the 60# pack I wanted to use 2 trekking poles lol
I kinda wanted to figure out a quick hands free method also for mountian hunts . So far I'm loving that quiver , it's just looped over the carbon arrowshafts sticking up from my pack frame . So it's also quick and super easy to remove .
Now to figure out how I want to carry my Binos , I always run a chest rig for my revolver but I kinda want to get a bino chest rig ?? I know they make holsters for them , just not sure if I would like it ?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I usually just hold the bow , but with my bad ankle and the 60# pack I wanted to use 2 trekking poles lol
I kinda wanted to figure out a quick hands free method also for mountian hunts . So far I'm loving that quiver , it's just looped over the carbon arrowshafts sticking up from my pack frame . So it's also quick and super easy to remove .
Now to figure out how I want to carry my Binos , I always run a chest rig for my revolver but I kinda want to get a bino chest rig ?? I know they make holsters for them , just not sure if I would like it ?

I don’t like that kydex holster that hangs off the bino harness. Just dosent feel right to me when I tried it.

OP
Aklongbow

Aklongbow

FNG
I don’t like that mused holster that hangs off the bino harness. Just dosent feel right to me when I tried it.
That was my fear of going that route, thanks for the clarification!!!! I can't see me moving my pistol anywhere else either !! I have 2 goals this year , and that is ..... #1 to take my first moose and with a longbow .
#2 to also take my first Brown Bear with a longbow !
That pistol is going to be exactly where I want it no matter what !!! lol

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
That was my fear of going that route, thanks for the clarification!!!! I can't see me moving my pistol anywhere else either !! I have 2 goals this year , and that is ..... #1 to take my first moose and with a longbow .
#2 to also take my first Brown Bear with a longbow !
That pistol is going to be exactly where I want it no matter what !!! lol

I’ve gone to just wearing a bino harness over my chest rig with the pistol. It works ok. I also have a kydex holster from ivory holsters that attaches to my backpack belt. It works good but then I don’t have the pistol if I take the pack off. For awhile I was going that route then using one of those snap on trigger guards when I was in my tent or camp.

OP
Aklongbow

Aklongbow

FNG
I’ve gone to just wearing a bino harness over my chest rig with the pistol. It works ok. I also have a kydex holster from ivory holsters that attaches to my backpack belt. It works good but then I don’t have the pistol if I take the pack off. For awhile I was going that route then using one of those snap on trigger guards when I was in my tent or camp.
Thanks , that's what I did last year as well .. I just ran my chest rig under my bino .
All I have is the cheap vortex one that came with my 10x42 viper hd's. Any certain harness that you feel works better ??

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Thanks , that's what I did last year as well .. I just ran my chest rig under my bino .
All I have is the cheap vortex one that came with my 10x42 viper hd's. Any certain harness that you feel works better ??

I was just telling a friend the other day that I have not played around much with bino harnesses. I have an Alaskan guide creations KISS which I like. The only other thing I’ve used are a few other AGCs and an old kuiu which I wasn’t a fan of. If I was getting something now, I’d look at FHF and marsupial.

OP
Aklongbow

Aklongbow

FNG
I was just telling a friend the other day that I have not played around much with bino harnesses. I have an Alaskan guide creations KISS which I like. The only other thing I’ve used are a few other AGCs and an old kuiu which I wasn’t a fan of. If I was getting something now, I’d look at FHF and marsupial.
Awesome, Thank you !!
I just got a Web Stretch belt from Marsupial and I love it . Also they have great customer service, the first belt made it to Phoenix AZ. and then vanished lol . They were great to deal with , he was emailing and answering my emails at 8pm our time lol . They sent me another ASAP, great customer service .... oh and they didn't rip me off on Shipping either ha!ha!! I give them a looking at .

Blasey

FNG
I run a Kenia river chest holster for my Glock 20, when cinched up just right I have full access under my Kuiu Bino chest pack. It's a little much in front but the best I can come up with. I'm like you, always want to have the pistol front and foremost for the game I go after. I only hunt with my bow.

I have a AGC kiss model and it’s noisy for bow hunting. I bought the Adak one and it’s very quiet and more streamlined to the chest. My vortex 10x50 fit in it real nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk